1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Insect portraits

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Hook, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Some pretty amazing macro photography here:

http://microsculpture.net

Hit explore to choose an insect, then zoom in to see the details. There's also a video about the photographer's process on the home page.

2. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

well, that's quite an escalation in the realm of insect macro photography. the big downside is that it looks like about $250K of equipment is required to get into the game and way too much patience. it would be nice to have a lens solution to the massive depth of field problem.

3. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

The detail in those images is like an orgy of intimate secrets! Truly incredible.

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Thank you Hook- what a remarkable gallery. I wonder what we look like to them?

5. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis <((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.

my oh my oh my. what a wonderful thing. i'm amazed at what is being produced and i enjoyed watching the pleasure the others in the film got when first seeing the images. thanks for posting that.

6. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Wow. Thanks, Hook.

Joe

7. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

The snag is that this is laws of physics stuff, you know better than I. The closer you get, the worse it is. The cut and paste software otoh is amazing.