1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

It’s an Ill wind

Discussion in 'audio' started by david ellwood, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:37 PM.

1. forester

forester pfm Member

If it's not because of the mains quality why do so many think their systems sound better late at night?

2. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

Quieter ambient and red wine?

Weekender, Ian Stafford and guydarryl like this.
  3. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

The curtains are drawn.

Weekender likes this.
  4. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

This, almost certainly... and lower light levels have a positive effect too.

5. Alan Brown

Alan Brown Registered LUser

It's funny, but I don't relate to this experience; I have always preferred listening in an empty house during the morning.

I'll get my coat...

6. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

I would suggest that if you live in an area with a decent mains supply you are very unlikely to experience problems...on the other hand! Probably we need a non biased expert on this subject.

Living in an area with a stable supply and mid grade system not a single problem...yet living in an area with a very poor supply and a high quality system my problems were so numerous that I contemplated going without a system.

7. seethroughyou

seethroughyou pfm Member

You spend your evenings charting ambient mains noise over the years?

8. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

I looked at one of my cables, but couldn’t make out any improvement to the electrons.

Shadders likes this.
  9. Dougie2404

Dougie2404 cranky old git

Another benefit, all the ****ers that work in the call centres are at home. Not had a garbage call for a week, bliss.

10. Linds

Linds pfm Member

I had a conversation with my kids a week ago about behaviour risks. Basically people are or can be more panicked and distracted so driving and pedestrian behaviour is less predictable. It’s a strange limitation of human ability that a major event causes some people to let their kids wander to the road or people pull out of junctions carelessly. Now I’ve highlighted it you may see it. The onus is on us all to be more sympathetic and mindful of these risks.

11. wd40addict

wd40addict pfm Member

In these times of lockdown everyone needs a hobby! :)

Linds likes this.
  12. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

Yesterday I went for my exercise walk around our village. Even on a weekend this would be a lonely exercise, but it's now a slalom of social distancing, and I had to alter my normal route to avoid narrow paths where 2m separation wouldn't be possible. We live in interesting times...

John.P and Weekender like this.
  13. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

In Malaysia people are getting one month jail for jogging, mostly westerners.
    Jogging probably raises the risk of spreading or receiving the virus with raised breathing

14. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

You should show the selfish joggers this article. Ignoring the risk they pose to others, losing 30% of their lung capacity will seriously reduce their PB.

davidsrsb likes this.