1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Joshua Fight -Spoiler

Discussion in 'off topic' started by mand, Jun 2, 2019.

1. lordmortlock

lordmortlock pfm Member

Completely agree. It’s not fair to say he’s been protected but he has had it quite easy really considering his profile. He’s certainly never been hit in the body like that before.

2. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

That is why vuk's post is spot on

Bloss

3. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Also Andy Ruiz is a very good technical boxer- fair play to him.

4. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Joshua is a prima donna and this result was coming sooner or later. Others will follow. The Mexican did have very quick hands for his size.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Tarzan likes this.
  5. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Saw some uchube footage of him and he did and quick hands and lovely combinations.

6. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

I don’t think Joshua is a prima Donna just a victim of the management team. He is just a product to them.

7. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Not much in the way of body shots here

https://imgur.com/O6gFnY8

lordmortlock likes this.
  8. lordmortlock

lordmortlock pfm Member

Haha - fair one!

9. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

Caught him at least once behind the ear, more destructive than the chin at times

crimsondonkey likes this.
  10. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I don't think AJ has avoided anyone, quite the opposite. Ruiz is a better fighter than the one he was scheduled to meet. I think Wilder has avoided him so this loss may work in his favour if he wins the rematch.

Tarzan and drummerman like this.
  11. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Only seen highlights of the knock downs but AJ reminded me of Frank Bruno when he was hurt in this fight. He didn’t seem to have the natural instincts to grab to survive after being caught. I like AJ but never considered him a natural boxer. I don’t think he’d have handled Fury 7 his natural boxing skills. Not sure he could survive against Wilder either but this defeat has surprised everyone.

Tarzan likes this.
  12. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Fury l believe would box AJ'S ears off- very underrated Mr Fury is.

Tigerjones likes this.
  13. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

Let me think?

Was a rematch already in the contract?

14. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Oh yuss. A Hearn wouldn't have missed a trick like that. I find all the excitement interesting, how many people currently call themselves World Champion?

15. Yomanze

Yomanze pfm Member

Hats off to Ruiz Jr. Very fast hands, great counterpunching, great movement. Joshua went in for the KO too early in the 3rd round after knocking Ruiz Jr. down, and paid for it big time with a nasty shot on top of the head, which he never recovered from - a probable concussion.

Tarzan likes this.
  16. crimsondonkey

crimsondonkey pfm Member

Yep that was the one that caught him behind the ear. He looked a different man after that, disoriented and sapped of energy.

17. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

18. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

19. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

I heard some one on the radio say that AJ uses weights which are not conducive to stamina in the ring, i suspect their may be some truth in this.

20. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member