1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Just been to the shops!?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rockmeister, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

I’m not that incontinent.

Weekender and TheDecameron like this.
  2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Maybe because Aldi all shut at 20.00 now...

Rob998 likes this.
  3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The front door was certainly open at about 21:40, but it may just have been staff going home. As I say I didn’t look closely.

4. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

Good news and thanks for that Tony. It does appear (from various first hand reports) that the initial surge of selfishness is abating now.

5. Darren

Darren All Business

My Local Lidl had at last got something to sell. I became quite giddy in there tonight.
    However, the service remains on the ugly side of horrible. On this trip alone I was bollocked for wandering from behind the orange 2m line and also for attempting to buy too many drinks. Then they throw your purchases at you and huff and chuff while you attempt to pack. Its the nearest one to work... but the staff work hard to make every trip slightly unpleasant.

Snufkin likes this.
  6. George J

George J Herefordshire member

Update from "behind the counter," and other related news.

Today's back shift was characterised by customers making every effort to be reasonable and sensible. Perhaps most people are learning the new routines.

We are now required to wear gloves, which is sensible as it shows that the people themselves need to for their short visit to the fuel station. Of course it is debatable whether wearing gloves for hours offers any actual additional protection, but it helps with the patrons. I have huge hands, and split the latex gloves being handed out! I had to use a stronger heavier glove, which was still very difficult to put on ... I have ten inch span. What police detectives call "strangler's hands!"

But the real excitement today was from my neighbour bar one. Three of us have agreed emergency signals to call assistance, as well as exchanging mobile phone numbers. Well my nearest neighbour thought I was banging on my floor, so immediately phone me. I explained I was fine, and it turned out to be my next neighbour on the ground floor. He has a long standing illness and breathing problems. I was wildly early for the backshift, so I set out [the mile walking] to work and immediately went straight on the the GP Dispensary to pick up a prescription for the old boy, which I carried back, and then returned to work only five minutes late after a three mile route-march.

We must all watch out for those round us, less able or not. Also the cleaning of the communal area has been scrapped for three weeks, so I have taken on the job with the approval of the others on our vestibule and staircase.

So feeling a lot happier today. I have two days off till working the weekend again, but have to do a shop tomorrow as the Coop closed at 20:00 same as our garage is now.

Keep safe, and best wishes from George

deebster, narabdela, Rob998 and 9 others like this.
  7. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Must be a local problem. I nipped into Lidl while I was getting 2 tyres fitted next door, and it was OK. Most people were sensible and the staff were polite. At the tyre place I stayed outside the reception area until the woman in there had finished and I gave her plenty of room to leave. Minimal chatting to the fitters, all done.

8. Bob McC

try doing it for a day...

Rob998 and Snufkin like this.
  9. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

I heard that Bill Gates had the Covid19, he sounded a little horse, but he has now bolted down a diet coke and is feeling stable.

Wilson, ff1d1l, TheDecameron and 4 others like this.
  10. Bob McC

Having read the UN warning of imminent global food shortages I brought the horse into the stable, bolted the door and made the gates to the drive secure.
    Ain’t nobody eating Dobbin but me.

MikeMA, Sue Pertwee-Tyr and Joe like this.
  11. Joe

Joe pfm Member

That might come in useful against some of your more stroppy customers ?

12. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

So have I...just measured !

13. Dave***t

Dave***t Revolutionary relativist

Um, aren’t those good things?

Having shopping thrown at you doesn’t sound fun, but I’m glad to hear they’re enforcing distancing and stopping people buying too much.

narabdela likes this.
  14. billo

billo pfm Member

Stay Safe
    just a quick heads up to you and anyone else Don't wear Latex gloves as they can sensitise you to rubber (IIRC it's the high protein content) which means that condom wearing may result in more redness and swelling than you are used to :eek: . Neoprene or cheaper vinyl gloves are better

15. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

I'm off to Tescos now.

[​IMG]

16. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

Shamone, mother*****r. :cool:

Roger Adams likes this.
  17. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

Just been to the hospital... (not C19 related)

Car park fairly empty.

Didn't have to pay to park, as per recent announcement of NHS staff not having to pay.

Outpatient clinic, hardly anyone attending.

Blinking appointment still an hour late...

Wanted some chips to make a chip sarnie , chip shop shut.

arrrrrgh.

18. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

I didn't have the time to wait at Tescos sadly. It gets dark in six hours and I didn't have my lights.

19. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

I can't imagine horses for courses in this country.

20. Bob McC

Needs must!

just back from my local Morrison’s for a few staples.

Only one person per couple allowed in.