1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Kegworth anyone?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Rockmeister, Mar 5, 2019.

1. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

I’m glad it’s not this weekend, I only just got back home from my final gig at a venue I’ve been playing at every weekend for nearly three years, I’m of course totally sober but it’s been a very long (although brilliant) night.
    I have a rare weekend off next weekend so I’ll be able to come to the show without being zombifed for the first time ever... then the week after, it’s back to my usual crazy weekends at a new venue!

2. Well I won’t be going now, just had a look on the Wam and it says it’s sold out.

Always paid on door previously.

Cheers BB

3. divedeepdog

divedeepdog pfm Member

Pretty sure the sold out bit is the hotel rooms. There's no advance tickets for Sunday, all cash on the door.

Rockmeister likes this.
  4. Thanks DDD, I don’t go on The Wam very often now and hadn’t been following it, just saw the banner on top of the site when I looked tonight.

Cheers BB

5. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

It’s pay on the door on the day...

6. i.j.russell

i.j.russell pfm Member

Tha banner has been changed to make it clear that the exhibitor list is full and that tickets can only be purchased at the door on the day (Sunday 17th March).

7. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

8. Rockhopper

Rockhopper pfm Member

A small query, is parking easier at this hotel?

9. i.j.russell

i.j.russell pfm Member

The show site has all of the details about being a visitor including parking -> https://www.thehifishow.com/

10. Rockhopper

Rockhopper pfm Member

Thanks for link. 120 spaces so may be a bit tight.
    Bringing snow shovel just in case.

11. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Sadly won't be able to make it now, was really hoping to hear the Ergo IX speakers. Anyone fancy videoing them for me? :)

12. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

That made me chuckle

13. lindsayt

lindsayt pfm Member

Last year's show would have been nothing like previous year's shows, even if it had been at Scalford, because of the snow.
    Parking was easy at last year's show because of the low visitor numbers. With more visitors coming this year it remains to be seen how far you will have to walk when you get there. A lot of cars can be parked within walking distance of the hotel.

The rooms at Kegworth have better sound insulation than Scalford - which is a good thing.
    Kegworth lacks the several large rooms that Scalford had - which is a bad thing.
    Which venue you prefer is a personal choice.

The Kegworth and Scalford shows are more similar than dissimilar - which is a good thing.

14. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

I'll be going to watch

15. sp25

sp25 pfm Member

I had a room there last year, just going as spectator this time

16. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Looking forward to seeing some of you today. Come and have a look at the new plinth the I've been building.

[​IMG]

17. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Me , in room 7

18. sunbeamgls

sunbeamgls pfm Member

oooh, priddy

19. sunbeamgls

sunbeamgls pfm Member

All ready to go tomorrow in Room 120 at the Wam show. Hope to meet some of you there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  20. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Sounded superb , someone should buy them . Great show with loads of parking in 2 car parks and some lovely goodies in the bring and buy sale

linnfomaniac83, brumjam and PeteVid like this.