1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Khadas Tone Board

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by tomek, Jan 31, 2020.

1. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

2. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

GPIO from Raspberry Pi provides an i2S signal, Khardas Tone board is designed for USB or Spidif input.
    There is an i2S header on the board if you wish to hack. The KTB forum is full of people trying to get an i2S signal in.

3. tomek

tomek pfm Member

Tone Board is NOT compatible with Pi gpio connector. Just use very short usb-c cable (30cm ?). USB in Pi 4 is much better, than in former Pi's and Pi4+TB is a wonderfulf sounding streamer. I advice piCoreplayer.

https://www.picoreplayer.org/main_news.shtml

4. glenn jarrett

glenn jarrett pfm Member

• A 5V linear power supply connected to GPIO pins 1 and 21,

• Note that when an external power source is connected via pins 1 and 21, USB power input is automatically cut-off; however the USB-data-signal is still permitted

5. glenn jarrett

glenn jarrett pfm Member

6. tomek

tomek pfm Member

Yes, this cable is bad. I am just using a proper well made 30cm usb-c cable with golded contacts.

7. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind