1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Labour at it again... anti-Semitism... #II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Stunsworth, Jul 7, 2019.

1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Using an ice axe on someone in the heat of August in Mexico was certainly an interesting use of poetic symbolism.

2. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

Sorry - got his name wrong. Although you knew who I meant tbf that wasn't deflection.

Criticising the journalist/programme, and especially before prog' aired, continues to be a deflection.

Gentile Labour supporters/activists/office holders et al are the real victims of Labour's AS problems?

I agree it isn't easy, but not 'far from'.
    That's ime, but my employer's management structure had a clearly signposted and strictly enforced 'no tolerance' policy.
    istm re: anti-Semitism this is what's lacking in Labour - hence many years of failure to resolve.

It appears you can't see the wood for the trees. Or the shoals for the lil' fish.

istm a risk/blind spot for us lefty progressive types is believing we, and the orgs we support, couldn't possibly be prejudiced or bigoted.
    This is a bit odd given we are humans and such 'orrid things are part of our nature.
    Another example of this is Labour's aggressively misogynistic women's officer.

Trampling over marginalised groups in a half arsed attempt to lift a marginalised group isn't liberation.

It's more oppression.

As you are are currently a Labour supporter iiuc it's forum etiquette for you to go first.
    Happy to reciprocate afterwards, even though I have already posted this info', as imo we should assist the lil' fish most in need of support.

whataboutism akimbo continues

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  3. JonR

JonR Brainwashed Bloke

Jack - are you and your mate still err.. "mates"..?

I do hope so, despite his views.

4. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

After a few jars, he and Jack will be tearfully hugging each other, saying "you're my best mate, ever".

5. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Gender Traitor

Interesting that you let this stay yet my comment that Farage should draw a line just under the jaw from one ear to the next was pulled by you with a snippy “violence will not be tolerated” comment and then you ban me from further comment on the thread.

You do hypocrite much?

6. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

Your comment was serious his was not. I have edited out your ad hom.

Brian likes this.
  7. Still

Addiction is a disability. When did mocking a lil' fish for this become acceptable on pfm?

As the tide goes out we see which members are swimming around in the nuddie.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  8. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

How could you tell? There was no smiley to indicate the use of humour.

9. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

By the context of the post within the thread and the posters history!

Still likes this.
  10. hermit

hermit pfm Member

Or as we Scots call it - whitabootery - which I think has a nice ring to it :)

Still likes this.
  11. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

A whole lot of nothing there, just a few sentences breaking up the usual dull sarcasm.

12. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I'm afraid the knee jerk reaction to the Chakrabarti report is akin to the assumption that all MSM is anti Labour & the whole 'establishment' is against them. The problem with a report saying that there is no AS within LP can be disproved at a later date.

Still likes this.
  13. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Watson does have a mandate just like Corbyn. You can't have it both ways, I think Corbyn is destroying the LP as an electoral force but nothing I can do about it.

Still likes this.
  14. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

He's not mocking addiction. He is mocking the notion that after a few (metaphorical or otherwise) jars Jack and his fallen out mate will kiss and make up.

15. Still

Perhaps, but we are both entitled to our opinions.
    istm if Jack had a physical disability it wouldn't have been mentioned by Joe in a similar manner.

You have no idea how to address Labour's anti-Semitism problems, or interest in potential solutions from others.
    Thanks for the clarification.

16. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

I still don't understand why JC can't sort this. It's as easy as you like:
    1. "It is LP policy that any discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion (etc) will not be tolerated."
    2. "Racism is defined as X, sexism as Y, antisemitism as Z, etc"
    3. Please note that criticising the behaviour of an indiividual who happens to be black, or gay, or Jewish, is not of itself racist, homophobic or antisemitic. The same goes for countries."
    4. "Anyone who breaks the rules from here on in will get done."
    Job done. How hard can it be?

lordsummit, jackbarron and Still like this.
  17. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

What was wrong with the Chakrabarti Report? It certainly didn't conclude that there was no antisemitism in the Labour Party. And what knee-jerk reaction?

18. doctorf

doctorf left footed right winger

If it was that easy Steve, don’t you think he would have acted by now?

19. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Come on then, why is it more complicated? It's exactly what i would do in a workplace. The LP is a workplace like any other.

20. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Maybe that’s what happens when a natural rebel has to provide leadership?