1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Lancashire Moors on fire again.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by kennyh, Mar 27, 2020.

1. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

Can't breathe here in the garden, early reports say it's caused by a BBQ but we'll wait and see.

However I believe it has been packed there for the last few days as it has here with people driving out, abandoning the car then going for long walks, it's so busy we just stay in our garden now for fresh air, never see a soul usually but these cretins walk around in large groups with 2 metres covering the lot of them.

Loads of fire engines and Fire fighters at the scene now, police the lot. What part of this "Don't use your car unless it's for one of the 4 reasons mentioned" don't these horrible, selfish gobshites understand?

What a ball ache for the emergency services.

Dan K, I.D.C., Mullardman and 2 others like this.
  2. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

3. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Utter bell ends. Should be rounded up, arrested and heavily fined / locked up for reasons of public safety.

4. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Fines are now possible.
    Round them up, give each a fire beater and have them work at that for a few hours, then confiscate the cars and crush them.

Why does none of this surprise me? Indescribable lunacy and selfishness.

martin clark, Ponty and kennyh like this.
  5. Lowand

Lowand Am I nearly there yet?

Not sure where you are Kenny.... I'm in Adlington and can see the smoke from my window and smell that very particular peaty smell outside. Perhaps beat them with the fire beaters and then, by all means Vinny, ...... Crush them.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  6. Accuphaseman

Accuphaseman pfm Member

Put them on the fire. Should put it out eventually.

7. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

In the stocks with them.

8. Ibbots

Ibbots pfm Member

we're at the bottom of Georges Lane, about 3 miles away from fires I guess but I wasn't aware until I read this. Wind must be in our favour.
    I'd **** them in the ****

9. Richard Lines

Richard Lines pfm Member

Good Evening All,

I don't want to hijack the thread however, stupidity is going on all over. Our next door neighbours, who have a 3 week old baby, are still fully engaged in moving properties and have crossed over with the incoming family, two adults and a child.

You would think that with a new born child they would have just kept themselves in lockdown. Up until this point I have been somewhat defensive on their behalf whenever my wife has described them as 'thick' previously (he's a naval architect and she a district nurse) but based on their behaviour (he's been running back and forth with his SUV and trailer moving possessions over the last week and has been using a Luton van type hire vehicle in the last 36hrs - all non-essential journeys IMHO) in this last week I can only agree with my wife's observations.

Regards

Richard

10. jwb5463

jwb5463 pfm Member

That explains the smoky smell around Euxton this afternoon :-(
    Sadly the biggest surprise is that the fire chief was 'astonished' by people's behaviour - it's par for the course these days

11. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

Ooh, not to lessen the seriousness of Winter Hill being ablaze again, but I see there’s a good few local Fishies in striking distance of a nice little drinkie when it’s sensible to do so?

kennyh likes this.
  12. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

Too right lad, enjoyed our last one!!

Mullardman and Rob998 like this.
  13. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

I'm up for a drink or two when we can meet, I'm in Tottington. I cycle round Rivi and Horwich a lot, in fact I went up Georges Lane and on up Winter Hill (naughty I know!) just a couple of days ago.

Ibbots likes this.
  14. Rob998

It was a good one, especially when SWMBO forgot she had to pick me up and I was stranded in the pub for an extra 4 hours...

15. Rob998

I miss pubs already.

Snufkin likes this.
  16. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

That was funny :D:D

Mullardman and Rob998 like this.
  17. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Same here Kenny. I used to walk the local footpaths daily but now they are overrun with total strangers and mostly older than me. WTF did they do for exercise before that they can't do now without invading my space? It's bloody typical.. the minute they are told they can't do something that they didn't want to do in the first place.. they are all desperate to do it..twice.. Bastards..

Paulicus, matt j, jwb5463 and 7 others like this.
  18. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

Exactly Mull, they are flouting the advice and treating the situation as a paid holiday. They obviously don't know what"don't travel" and or what 2 metres is.

Like you I'd seen none of them before in my life, and the locals like me avoid the our "out of your front door" walks now.

They have to tighten up with this which sadly will hit the ones who abide also, if anyone is getting this 80% emergency pay it should be stopped if they continue to break the rules most others follow. They are obviously the ones who'll be the spreaders as they just do not listen and God knows where else they've been and who they've mixed with.

If this summer is a long hot one it'll be awful.............Easter weekend will be the tester, I can see a one km from home law brought in after that with the army on the street like we are seeing elsewhere. Even then some will ignore it.

19. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

^^ I think we’ll see a distance from home law introduced after this weekend, when we’ll undoubtedly witness more professional idiocy. It all boils down to a simple fact. If more people travel unnecessarily, more people will die.

kennyh likes this.
  20. -alan-

-alan- pfm Member

2km from home limit introduced here in Ireland from last night. Not sure how it'll be policed as there's plenty of scope for exemptions - but it's in place al the same.

kennyh likes this.