1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

"Land of the free". Home of the financially exploited.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by sean99, Jul 3, 2018.

1. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

tomorrow is July 4th. Americans will go celebrate the privilege of living in the "Greatest country". They should read this instead

https://nyti.ms/2KCDdXb

from downtown Boston:

"Awful scene on the orange line. A woman’s leg got stuck in the gap between the train and the platform. It was twisted and bloody. Skin came off. She’s in agony and weeping. Just as upsetting she begged no one call an ambulance. “It’s $3000,” she wailed. “I can’t afford that.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.708d2d62d1a1

2. andrewd

andrewd pfm Member

Exactly what the Tories are planning for Brexit UK

3. tones

tones Tones deaf

4. Minio

Minio pfm Member

And they say this country is a mess.

At least on the PFM ot threads!

5. Minio

Minio pfm Member

A friend of mine in Virginia pays $68 a month just for prescription insurance.

When she went to the pharmacist for pills was told the insurance doesn't cover these.

For many, prescriptions are free in the UK. Count the lucky stars!

On top of that Boris has promised another £350m a month for the NHS after Brexit.

It's a Utopia !

6. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Most UK workers pay 12% of their income for national insurance and then pay a further amount per individual medicine prescribed.
    Only the poorest and over 60s do not pay the pharmacist charge but they will have contributed to their medicine costs historically.
    Prescriptions are therefore not free.

7. Minio

Minio pfm Member

There's nothing free under the sun.

But I know who's health system I prefer.