1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving Paradise -new phono stage

Discussion in 'audio' started by slawekt, May 25, 2019.

1. slawekt

slawekt pfm Member

It seems my Paradise phono stage would be banished from my rack , mainly as it takes too much room - 3 boxes .
    I need some sort of replacement , small footprint 2 box or a single box full width (max. 430mm) .
    Price wise up to £1500 if I box Paradise and keep it for better times - preferred option .If Paradise sold (not sure about it's price) but bit above £2k .
    Definitely must be Solid State and MC.

2. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

You will not find anything to match it at that price!

martin dawson and YNWOAN like this.
  3. slawekt

slawekt pfm Member

I know but it's not my call if you know what I mean , negotiations are in progress :).

4. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

Aurorasound Vida

crimsondonkey likes this.
  5. slawekt

slawekt pfm Member

This is one of the stages I never heard before , how does it compare to usual suspects Whest PS30RDT , Trilogy 907?

6. Copperjacket

Copperjacket pfm Member

Why not invest in some more domestically acceptable hifi storage that hides the boxes rather than leave them on display eg a cabinet? Even if antique or indeed bespoke, it has to be a cheaper and better solution.

7. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Get a label maker and make labels for each box that say things like "TV CABLE BOX" and "POWER SAVER" so they seem necessary and beneficial. Or just hide them behind the shelf.

blackholesun, Fretbuzz and Netley like this.
  8. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

The box with the power supplies doesn’t have to be on show And can easily be hidden away with longer umbilical cables.

9. i.j.russell

i.j.russell pfm Member

If you like the Paradise, you’ll prefer the Vida over the 907 which is more lively but less textured.

10. slawekt

slawekt pfm Member

Not exactly an option as existing one has been "approved" and has to be open frame to create some air circulation around McIntosh valves .

11. Copperjacket

Copperjacket pfm Member

You don't need actually need to hide it all! and if you have a cabinet air management is not a problem

12. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

Pathos In The Groove

[​IMG]

I.D.C. likes this.
  13. Tim Jones

Tim Jones pfm Member

Agreed, but I think they're over £3k now...

14. andy831

andy831 pfm Member

Its valve's of a fashion but have you thought about a Longdog Audio MCJ3. Budget will just about stretch to that. Its a big bugger but a single box.

divedeepdog likes this.
  15. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

Go for a phonoclone build and you can house it in as few boxes as you so choose.

16. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

£1400 - £2000 secondhand,

Well worth the money, next best I had was a Whest PS.40 Sig that he foo'd up and this is more fun.

17. Mark D

Mark D Member

18. slawekt

slawekt pfm Member

I'll keep an eye for one it seems to have lots positive reviews ,only thing which put me off is wooden sleeve which seems to be preferred option and I'd rather venture 2nd hand option .

19. slawekt

slawekt pfm Member

20. Tim Jones

Tim Jones pfm Member

Also agreed. I've never heard instrumental timbre like it. WIth a half decent MC, half decent amp and a pair of Harbeths, it's astonishing.