1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Leeches and Parasites up for Reselection!!

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Mullardman, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Tomorrow, at 1:30pm, I will attend an interview in an attempt to secure my own job.
    I will be applying for an as yet only partially specified job, in a company of indeterminate size, delivering on yet to be won contracts.

I know that I will be required to use any or all of my careers guidance, organisation, and self-management skills, across contracts, in the planned new 'All-Age' Guidance Service, or under the new arrangements for working in schools. I will also be expected to involve myself in Marketing and Business Development.

Given my present role, I could be also be working under the as yet undeclared rules for supporting Special Needs kids, which will become clear ( :rolleyes:) if the Green Paper planned for last Autumn ever appears.

As yet there is no funding for schools to secure Careers Guidance, but they must secure it.

The recently published education white paper is seriously lacking in detail

etc.,etc. blah blah.

It's reassuring that our new Govt. has such a firm grip on policy and such a clear vision for the future. :D

So, no pressure then. :)

I hope I've stared long enough into my crystal ball......

I know some will be gleefully waiting to see if I crash and burn. I'd like to think most would wish me well.

Mull

2. zener

zener fluff

but an internet record shop/forum , isnt an appropriate place for what you have written , I'd suggest the wife and family and friends would be far better. Good luck.... Jon

3. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll do well.

Jack

4. Mick P

Mick P Retired and content

Mull

I wish you well but for goodness sake talk like you love the new set up and embrace the virtues of value add.

If you don't, then welcome to the retirement club.

Regards

Mick

5. MichaelC

MichaelC pfm Member

"I know some will be gleefully waiting to see if I crash and burn."

I hope not. It does sound one hell of a shambles. Be positive and good luck.

6. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Good luck Mull.
    With any luck Gove is on borrowed time. He's made too many errors that he's humiliatingly had to backtrack on. You never know we may get an education secretary who is aware the 20th century happened.

7. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

Good fortune Mull

8. oldie

oldie pfm Member

Mull
    Speak from your heart, and with a little luck you should be in with a fighting chance many years ago I succoured the job of a life time with the Uni of Brighton by doing just that, I thought that I had totally fluffed it by speaking as I thought ,but no those on the interview panel thought other wise, and I enjoyed nearly 20 years of not a job, but a exhilarating experience( but low paid) that I wouldn't have missed for the world
    The very best of luck
    oldie

9. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Mull,
    My best wishes too. You have a good heart.

10. whatsnext

whatsnext Naimless

May it go well Mull

11. prowla

prowla pfm Member

Mull - I think you are a top bloke, so good luck.
    Please go in with a positive attitude though!

12. Mullardman

Mick,

I think we'd best leave 'value add' for another day. But I thank you for your good wishes.

Mull

13. Mullardman

Thanks all. :)
    Mull

14. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

Good luck Mull.

15. andy831

andy831 pfm Member

Good Luck Col

16. Ernie CA

Ernie CA pfm Member

GOOD LUCK MULL

17. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

You'll walk it, Mull. But good luck anyway

Chris

18. packtech

packtech Ex band member twice.. :)

YES IT IS.. This is called 'off Topic' and therefore is fine..also no comma after 'forum' and you missed the apostrophe from isn't.

'but' should start with a capital too.

See me after school.:p

19. deanf

deanf pfm Member

From my own experience the decision will have already been made. Without doubt, go into the interview with a positive attitude (unless you want the redundancy!).

Good luck.

20. demersal

demersal Banned

I wnet through this process a while a go, did the interview stuff, secured the position (well retained my thencurrent position, under a different title), but did not feel the same about the organisation afterwards, for making me do that, so asked for redundancy within 18 months. Best thing I did career-wise for many years.

I wish you luck.