1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Lefty in print (again)

Discussion in 'photo' started by Mr Perceptive, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

Well Done Amar in being this weeks Online Picture Of The Week in the printed version of Amateur Photographer

Suppose you'd better post a link up now!!!

Joe P and Lefty like this.
  2. Lefty

Lefty Trade: Amar Sood Photo

Many thanks Mr P!

I hadn't realised it was already out. It was a nice surprise :) Looking forward to getting the A3 print from Permajet.

I'll post up a link when I get home from work and have access to my computer.

Lefty

Mr Perceptive and Stunsworth like this.
  3. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Awesome, Lefty.

Joe

4. Lefty

5. Lefty

Here's the published image :)

[​IMG]

Lefty

Mr Cat, Joe P, Rockmeister and 3 others like this.
  6. Mr Perceptive

You're starting to dominate the #WexModays shortlist now as well, that a few in recent week.......

Well Done!!!

7. Lefty

Haha - thank you Mr P! :)

I'm definitely having a good run of it at the moment, can't complain! Still looking for that elusive top 3 placing though.

Your image was a corker this week and should have shortlisted IMHO. It's a funny competiton and is definitely not a meritocracy. That said, taking part in it over the last 3 years has hugely improved my photography. It also makes Twitter that much more interesting on Tuesday mornings / early afternoons :D

Lefty

Mr Perceptive likes this.
  8. Goldenmouse

Goldenmouse pfm Member

Congratulations Amar.

9. Lefty

10. Mr Perceptive

OK @Lefty has topped it this week, by getting in the top 3 for the #WexMonday's feature (and about time too), Well Done Amar

11. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

what is wex monday?

12. Lefty

Thank you David! I really appreciate that mate :)

It's a popular weekly photography competition run on Twitter by a retailer called Wex Photo Video. You can read more about it here:

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/blog/...to-be-the-wex-photographer-of-the-year-20172/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Goldenmouse

Goldenmouse pfm Member

Wonderful shot Lefty - where did you take it?

14. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

amar.

did you win a mirrorless camera?

15. Lefty

Thank you! :)

This was taken at Furzton Lake Milton Keynes

No - the only prize is a £20 voucher if you come first in the week and the main prize is £1500 vouchers if you win the competiton for the year. To be honest, I jist enter as it keeps me motivated and trying to improve. I also enjoy the banter and have made some good friends over the last couple of years on there.

Lefty