1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Linn speaker plugs for a Classik needed

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by ian r, Apr 15, 2019.

1. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

Im making up some speaker leads for a family member and need a set of four of these items.

I will look on ebay but in case anyone has a set going to waste Im asking here first.

salut

ian

2. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

if this should be in diy classifieds - apologies... I had forgotten the difference twixt diy and diy classifieds.... I'll leave it a day or two and then post there

3. S-Man

S-Man Kinkless Tetrode Admirer

I have a set Ian. However they need a powerful soldering iron because mine are used/soldered and I don't have the grub-screws.
    PM me your address if you want 'em.

4. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

5. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

Sman thats very kind... however ' a lady is involved ' and the grubbing is part of the plan....& it maybe a long distance hands off fitting.
    I appreciate the offer, presently Im in Cork, Classik is Fife.

6. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

a definite bookmark there, good prices. I have basketed a set. Even tempted to get a ready built pair at those deals. I need white and flat with Linn plugs to JBL crazy spring terminals that do bite like b.....y but are very small so even for eg. 79 strand is awkward unless soldered to a point. I wonder if those bent thin bananna thingys would fit in. Im not sure at this distance that standard smaller modern banannas speaker plugs will fit where 79 strand barely does

7. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

Now discontinued in favour of the floppy braided wire type, but if you can find a set of Monster Cable 127761-00 Twist Crimp Angled Speaker Cable Pin Connectors, you'll have the ideal connection for the old spring clips on the JBLs.

Simply strip back the wire end, insert the bare wire end into the pin and twist counter-clockwise to tighten.

Intended for 12 gauge or smaller; IIRC 79 Strand is 14 gauge and should fit tightly.

[​IMG]

8. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

champion Craig thats the very thing 'twist crimp angled speaker plugs....'
    fancy me getting to this age and not knowing that:)

9. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

i have ordered some from ebay now so my needs are met, thanks.