1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

LP12 old style sub chassis mod question

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by Soundwave, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Soundwave

Soundwave pfm Member

I have the old spot welded style sub chassis in my LP12. On the bonded brace type, is there any design difference apart from it just having an epoxy splat as opposed to spot welds?

Was thinking of maybe drilling out the spot welds and bonding it myself if so.

2. Wilky

Wilky pfm Member

To answer the question, the gauge of the metal is the same and AFAIK so are the designs, but the bonded type sub-chassis are so plentiful and relatively cheap, it's probably not worth bothering altering your spot-welded one.

Dave.

3. 337alant

337alant Negatively Biased

Agree with Dave I picked a Cirkus one up for £20 and that also has the double thickness where the bearing attaches so it helps the platter and the sub chassis from flexing independantly to each other
    Alan

4. Soundwave

Soundwave pfm Member

Fair enough then. Cheers guys