1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Lumley Stratosphere ST1 Turntable, Graham Tonearm, Transfiguration Temper Cart

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by Darmok, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Darmok

Darmok "A Priori Teleology."

2. Nero

Nero BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK

The first question that comes to mind is, if he had 20,000 LPs and a turntable like that, why could he not afford a new carpet? Is it possible to make an endless turntable belt from something with ends? OK, that was the second question.

3. Bertiebee

Bertiebee pfm Member

It looks a bit agricultural compared to the Mk 2 version...….

4. alphatoner

alphatoner pfm Member

Who would own a 10k turntable and not clean it or put on a new belt to sell it? From all his other listing he looks like a house clearer to me who just happened to pick up something expensive.

5. James46

James46 The Crystal Method

Looks like a Rega platter and using a Michell belt. The seller seems to sell crap at high prices, not worth anything like £5K, maybe £3K with the arm and cart. The TT is worth buttons and never seems to sell, well takes years to move them.

6. colasblue

colasblue pfm Member

He's had that on for well over a year with no takers.

An expensive item which doesn't actually work is a total non starter.

The arm doesn't seem to have the .2 upgrade and possibly not even the ceramic wand so not the best, and as for a home made TT power supply that clearly is fairly complex, what would yo ever do if it broke?

7. Avinunca

Avinunca Canine Hifi and electronics enthusiast.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

8. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

quite!