1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Macs, iPad etc.

Discussion in 'audio' started by ExtremePie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. ExtremePie

ExtremePie pfm Member

Quick question for anyone Mac aware out there.

I have, thanks to Tony & others who suggested the software, managed to install my entire collection on the Mac at 320KBS via XLR.

I now need to transfer said collection onto the iPad / phone but they don't have the memory to hold the entire collection, so I've made a folder with 64KBS files to send to the iDevices. Trouble is I can't easily see how to get this little lot into the iPad or phone. Drag n drop isn't doing it directly, and while syncing with the Mac library is easy, that won't help as the files are too large.

How do I do this? Thanks in advance.

2. garyi

garyi leave blank

Via itunes. Plug yous iphone in and in the tabs there is music.

Set up a playlist in the main itunes of the light weight music and choose to sync only this playlist.

Do similar for ipad.

3. nitrous

nitrous pfm Member

You don't need to make a playlist, in iTunes on the Mac you can select either individual songs, albums or even artists and it will 'sync' those selected.

I assume this is to get your music mobile and not to stream to a hi FI? That would be a different topic. :)

4. Ian M

Ian M pfm Member

Your making it all much too complicated. I presume your 320k files are in an iTunes library. Sync this with your idevice at 128k, you will see the option to do this when it is connected. If they still don't all fit you will have to select what you want transferred in iTunes, there are many ways of doing this.
    Files at 64 k will sound terrible!

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I just sync via a playlist - it makes it very easy to keep swapping stuff around on the iPhone.

6. ExtremePie

ExtremePie pfm Member

Thanks guys.

I am new to this Mac stuff - the option to drop the bitrate meant it all fitted on the Pad (just)

Thats all done now.

7. Bungle

Bungle pfm Member

64k files sound pretty poor to me. 128k is OK for an ipod. I use 256k, which is discernably better, but does mean i need a bigger capacity ipod.