1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Mains - Cable Belden 83803 or FURUTECH FP-314AG?

Discussion in 'audio' started by alans1957, Mar 31, 2016.

1. alans1957

alans1957 pfm Member

I intend to make up two new power cables for my amps and spotted these 2 cables are similarly priced, so there is my dilemma. I know the Belden is very good, but have no knowledge of the Furutech. I will be recycling my Toughplug and Wattgate IEC from my current homemade cables.

Has anyone compared the above 2 cables?

2. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

I have just read this on the Furutech website about 314AG
    :eek:

3. whatsnext

whatsnext Naimless

Making two cables. Why not make one cable from each then you can tell us how different they are?

4. alans1957

alans1957 pfm Member

I note a degree of sarcasm here sir! :) However I suppose I could advise if one channel sounded better than the other. :rolleyes:

5. whatsnext

whatsnext Naimless

Do you? How do you do your noting? So you won't bother then?

6. brian2957

brian2957 pfm Member

7. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

I think you will get a wider soundstage for your hi fi and and it will turn your old standard format TV into a widescreen version.

8. Andrew.B

Andrew.B pfm Member

Belden 83803 is a nightmare to work with without the correct tools and terminations as it's an installation type cable. I cringe seeing plugs attached to it.

19364 is a suitable overkill alternative.

9. alans1957

alans1957 pfm Member

LOL

10. alans1957

alans1957 pfm Member

11. alans1957

alans1957 pfm Member

Have already made a cable for my Airlink transformer using 83803, found it not too bad providing you take the time to cut and dress the cores to the correct lengths. I agree that even with a toughplug you have no way of actually clamping the cable, but providing you secure the cores tightly and are not in the habit of regularly unplugging from the mains, I don't see it as a problem.

12. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

13. GJO

GJO pfm Member