1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Man

Discussion in 'music' started by steveledzep, Feb 26, 2017.

1. steveledzep

steveledzep pfm Member

Thinking about the recent passing away of Deke. Rooted a couple of albums out that I haven't played for yonks ! "Be Good to Yourself at Least Once a Day" (fantastic fold out map of Wales) and "Rhinos, Winos + Lunatics".

Excellent sound quality from UA and got my feet tapping a lot......bananas !! ;)

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Excellent stuff, I've got four of the albums on vinyl (Be good, Back Into The Future, Winos and Slow Motion) and the rest of the UA work on these two superb Original Album Series CD boxes; Volume One, Volume Two. I've always struggled with the vocals, but once they get them out of the way and start playing guitar they are just superb.

3. rabidlistener

rabidlistener pfm Member

Get Greasy Truckers Party for a blistering version of Spunk Rock.

RIP Deke

Mike

4. steveledzep

steveledzep pfm Member

Haha yes, agree about the vocals ! I've got others to listen to this week :Back into the Future; All's Well That Ends Well; Welsh-Connection; Maximum Darkness and Live at Padgett Rooms, Penarth. Been a very long time since I've played them...looking forward to giving them a spin.

5. RBrinsdon

RBrinsdon pfm Member

Got to be "Maximum Darkness" for me with John Cipollina guesting. Apparently he was as big a fan of Man as they were of Quicksilver - all mentioned in one of Deke's books (the one about Welsh Bands) still available on Kindle I believe.

6. IceG

IceG pfm Member

Check out the amazing Man catalogue on Tidal including the seven volume The Live Adventures of Man, and a listenable digital version of Welsh Connection.

7. GJO

GJO pfm Member

Another rarely mentioned was "Christmas at the Patti"this was a bit of a jam session with various members of Man,but also featured Dave Edmunds,it was issued as a 10" double LP in 72/3.