1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark E Smith

Discussion in 'music' started by andrew d, Oct 21, 2017.

1. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

effinity likes this.
  2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Crikey, that’s pretty shocking. He was on C4 News (I think, though may have been BBC North West) a year or two ago channeling UKIP or something similar in a somewhat drunken manner, but he didn’t look anything like that bad. Not a good week for this sort of thing as Genesis P Orridge has just been dignosed with leukaemia (NME).

3. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

Very sad to see. He would maybe stop now.

4. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I didn't realise Gen was sick - that's a bit of a shock... Wishing her a very speedy recovery.

5. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Blimey, Mark does look really ill in those pics. I hope things improve for him.

Jack

6. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

x2:(

7. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

Very sad to see.
    Wonder what he has done to himself over the years.

Hoping he gets better

8. docp

docp pfm Member

x2 Remember seeing The Fall at The Warehouse, Leeds in the early eighties.

9. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

I never liked or “got”him, but nevertheless it’s sad to see him in that state, if that picture of him in a wheelchair is representative.

10. wylton

wylton pfm Member

Mark has been a bit of a Curmudgeon and hasn't looked after his health, but he has kept us entertained all these years with his prodigious output.

I do hope that he recovers and keeps us entertained for many years to come; get well soon Mark.

11. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Jesus I laughed a few years back when he was at Glasto and before a song just walked along the back line turning all the musos amps up to 10.

12. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

After a string of curtailed gigs, he's just cancelled tonight's show at Koko due to ill health. I hate to sound ghoulish, but this story is starting to show a lot of parallels with Lemmy's decline.

13. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

I’ve heard some horrible rumours from good sources but won’t spread the detail until it’s official. But it’s not good at all.

14. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

There is a post on FB from a promoter I know who used to do a lot of work with Mark. The message was cryptic, but not good if I understood it correctly.

Jack

15. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

If the photo is typical of his condition, that looks horribly like MND to me.

16. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

Hoping for good news