1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

MDAC First Listen (part 00101000)

Discussion in 'audio' started by fusion5, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Hi Kenny,

The the development installment for the FUSION L2 version is GBP400 - with the PCB sold "At Cost" of GBP300 to GBP400 + the FWC (Full Width Chassis) at about GBP250.

We will try to minimize the cost of the "At Cost" PCB + FWC.

2. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Brian,

The DSP's are used for "House keeping" functions on the MDAC2 design (Advance Clock Control, Digital filterin and a couple of other features I have planned).

The "Basic functions" require little DSP power, so the reserved DSP power can be used for other applications such as Room correction etc. if your require - its nice to have the future flexibility.

3. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Tim,

In fact it would have been "Me" copying the original design!!! - as the Chinese vendor offered the design to me, I have no idea they had just copied another customers design until I visited the HK HiFi show!

4. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

5. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Peter,

Tax and Vat always have to be paid - I would pay Vat and Duty on the components / units when I import or purchase components.

HK is VAT free so we would not be burdened with VAT when we purchase components etc for manufacture, but Import Duty and VAT would need to be paid once shipped to the overseas Customer - Theirs no way to avoid paying TAX's, this is a fact of life.

The units are sold at cost, which reduces the taxable amount. As we will not be paying TAX on the components etc. during manufacture and the units are sold at cost - the next TAX cost is the same if we manufacture in HK or Europe.

If I purchase components in Europe I pay Tax (and they are crazy expensive in the first instance), if I ship to Europe I pay tax, as we sell at cost the net difference is basically zero (cheaper in fact as "like for like" components are vastly cheaper in Asia).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.