1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

MDAC First Listen (part 00110010)

Discussion in 'audio' started by 44000khz, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattgbell

mattgbell Weird owl

Thanks for that. I suppose it's getting a little bit swiss-army-knifeish. Maybe a decent penknife and a thing for getting stones out of horses' hooves, but not the nice miniature scissors and the cool vicious-looking saw blade.

2. adamdea

adamdea pfm Member

A Territorial Army penknife?

3. mattgbell

mattgbell Weird owl

Very good. You have cured my glumness concerning progress here. I shall wait patiently for my FDAC and the other little box whose function I'm not entirely sure about.

4. brab

brab pfm Member

Do others share this sq preference for V0.90?

5. Bob L

Bob L pfm Member

I do.

6. sam_cat

sam_cat ᶜ ᶦˢ ᶠᵒʳ ᶜᵒᵒᵏᶦᵉ

Yup. Love the features of the latest, but it has to be v0.90 for sq.

7. WAD62

WAD62 pfm Member

No, the latest A.10 is my favorite...:)

8. JohnW

JohnW Trade: Lakewest

Superior,

Your units about to ship - the worlds first "Superior" MDAC :)

THD Left Channel 0dB 1KHz 0.000148%, Dynamic range 131.5dB

THD Right Channel 0dB 0.00013%, Dynamic range 131.5dB

For sure the worlds best measuring MDAC :) and pretty much up with the VERY best :)

I signed the rear panel - #1 "Superior" MDAC :)

I added a few extra tweaks to the mainboard - and V0.90 "Detox" software is installed - hope your happy with your unit...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86116171/Superior No1.JPG

If its OK to request GBP60 extra to cover the shipping plus much much more work with a custom designed PCB and full recap :)

I'll have to request a new handset from IAG UK as I have non - on a recent DAC design we used the same MDAC remote for the prototypes and have no handsets left in the Lab!

Ps. did you ship your MDAC in a genuine Audiolab box - as I cannot find one that matches your units serial #?

9. Superior

Superior pfm Member

Hello John,

oh wow this sounds really brilliant and I´m really excited to hear it in my system.
    The 60GBP are no problem and are already on their way.

So what can I do to get it as fast es possible?
    Please don´t let me wait till IAG will send you the spare remote. I think this will easily take three or more weeks extra, or? (Of course I will cover the extra costs for the second parcel with the spare remote).
    I´m so in anticipation to get my loved MDAC back and get the music playing here again. :D

Thank you so much!

10. Superior

Superior pfm Member

Yes I have send it with the original Audiolab box. Only the MDAC, no accessories.
    But John, I don´t need my original box. The only important thing is to get it shipped healthy.

11. JohnW

Arh - no worries, I just found your box in the cupboard under the Lab staircase :)

12. ti33er

ti33er pfm Member

Should have left those Vishays in :) ...looking forward to hearing the first external review of Captain LakeWest's efforts

13. JohnW

Yes, it broke my heart to remove them to tell you the truth - the board sounded so good with them in place - I hate to do anything that is a backwards step... :(

14. ti33er

ti33er pfm Member

*** Superior put them back *** (if John is willing) ;-)

15. JohnW

No way too much work, I would have to remove the superior PCB to resolder - While sad to loose the "Superior" DAC, glad to be making my way though the backlog of units around the Lab...

We have Fusions full "Fusioned" Superior board, but ATM its a test PCB on the MDAC2 Rats nest "mess"....

16. fusion5

fusion5 on the dark side of hifi...

I miss the lab :)

17. tull_hifi

tull_hifi Member

Waw, the first Superior delivered ! Congratulation, it's a big step forward !!

Hope to have mine in the hands soon ;)

18. JohnW

Yes its kinda cozy :) - sadly next year I'll spend more time in China on the production line... :(

Mind you, tomorrow the Powers cut from 7.30am to 15.30 - have NO idea what I'll do, the weather so bad and Renata's at Uni... the electricity supply is worst here then China!

19. Superior

Superior pfm Member

Oh, yes it was also a hard decision for me, but I have to make the point somewhere, sorry.

On the other hand, I´m in for two FDACs and they both will get the Vishay bulk foil upgrade (- if available).

20. EIffel

EIffel Cereal Killer

Well John, the power cut is an opportunity to get some rest, think and maybe do some planning for the weeks to come (or just take the dogs for a walk)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.