1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

MDAC First Listen (part 00110011)

Discussion in 'audio' started by adamdea, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canofan

canofan pfm Member

Thank you John, An answer at last, that I had no means of finding by myself.

2. mercalia

mercalia pfm Member

since there seems to cap and other trouble with the MDAC do the comments also apply to the 8200CDQ that I have, was bought last year when the stock was sold at reduced prices?

3. mrflibble

mrflibble pfm Member

Hi John

How much will a new remote control cost from you? Cheaper than obtaining it from IAG directly?

Thanks

mrflibble

4. iansr

iansr pfm Member

That's some serious juice.

A question John. If I have 1 FDAC and a pair of VFETs using the digital input board, am I right in thinking that will give me 4 channels of digital to analog conversion? ( But obviously only 2 channels of amplification). And will those 4 channels be clock locked together?

5. Rjpcardoso

Rjpcardoso pfm Member

My understanding is that if you have the VFETs with the digital board and one FDAC you will get 4 channels of the highest quality and you can even have 2 additional channels on the fdac over the expansion board, having then 6 channels.
    The only problem with this approach is that you would have to sacrifice the expansion for two additional channels instead of having hdmi inputs. Would love a solution to have 6 channels and hdmi input with just a vfet and fdac to ditch av receiver away!

JohnW: Would a VFET with digital, FDAC and Mdac2 suit my needs?

6. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Rjpcardoso,

Our factory in China has come back and ATM they can only ship on there shipping account from there factory location, but they understand its possible to upgrade there account for 3rd party collection... the concern is the time it will take for the paperwork to be processed...

There will be a HDMI board with 2 extra channel DAC option...

7. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Yes, the 4 channels will be clocked locked :)

8. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Not sure yet - I'll find out on monday :)

9. iansr

iansr pfm Member

Great :)

10. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

I'm not sure if IAG changed the Cap vendor with the later production runs...

Certainly they have on the 8300 series..

11. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Yes, thats what I'll have to stick with even with the lovely new chassis :)

12. iansr

iansr pfm Member

John, is that a tease? We need an image of the new chassis!

13. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Well I meant with the CNC'ed chassis over the upgraded 8200MB's :)

But we do have a redesign of the FDAC / VFET front panel ID pending.

14. Rjpcardoso

Rjpcardoso pfm Member

No problem and thanks for the help John.
    That's good news on the hdmi board to include the 2 extra channels. Problem sorted here then :)

15. ti33er

ti33er pfm Member

Hi John

Which extra current model of VR Amps were you talking about, are there 2 versions now?

Thanks

16. tunkejazz

tunkejazz non-equilibrium listener

I think the extra current option was for the VFET amps, not for the VRs (if I understood the thread correctly).

17. fred sonnen

fred sonnen pfm Member

Thank you for the kind offer!
    Can you PM me your adress. I will Send you my Mdac tomorrow.

Greetings
    F.s.

18. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

It was WRT the VFET Amps not the VR Amps.

The VR amps will have a pair of 16Amp continuous rated output devices (32Amps per output phase), although this will very much be limited by the PSU - but much higher instantaneous peaks can be provided by the PSU Reservoir caps.

It be great if I can design the amps to allow a plugin DAC section as the VFET / FDAC comb... but I need a consider what would handle the interface to them...

19. fusion5

fusion5 on the dark side of hifi...

So why are there two VFET versions and which one do I want? :)

20. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

Cut backs ? :D

I see you are in for a BP. Pre during the wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.