1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Discussion in 'audio' started by ti33er, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hluga

hluga pfm Member

New Year 0000 0111 1110 0010

timola likes this.
  2. BigDog

BigDog pfm Member

Haphy Mew Your! Sure could use some DETOXification after last night! ;-)

All kidding aside... Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, Productive, and Prosperous New Year!

timola likes this.
  3. jadidih101

jadidih101 pfm Member

Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers!

timola likes this.
  4. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Happy new year to you all - so my New Years resolution is to start shipping designs!

By the end of the day - I'll ship the four MDAC's that have been here waiting to be recapped / repaired - and that cleans out last years MDAC baggage.

Then DevDAC PCB's - if time allows this evening.

ti33er and timola like this.
  5. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

:):):).

Happy New Year to all.

timola likes this.
  6. radamel

radamel Music Fiend

I've been away from the Forum for a while and haven't had the chance to follow this thread.

Can anyone update me on the Detox?

Cheers!

7. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

New Year clear out :)

PhilCTTE
    SQ
    Achim
    jwceltic

You have PM - your MDAC's are ready.

MBoudis - I have your Silver MDAC here with upgraded PSU (cable) - I guess waiting for the MDAC2 PCB.

Apart from the salvaged MDAC's - I dont believe we have any other customer units waiting to be repaired - if I've missed someone MDAC then PLEASE contact me!

8. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

radamel,

After clearing out all of last years MDAC backlong, I'm just about to run manufacture of first units this weekend (DevDAC, MDAC2 streamer and Lakewest Ministreamer).

While its not yet the Detox, whats important is that we are starting to ship products (my New Years resolution) :)

9. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Hluga,

Jarek will reply directly here soon, but:-

We are saving all the settings in onboard eeprom and you can recall them thru the protocol when the unit is switched on as those are the settings it will configure everything to (volume, filter, etc..) even before the RPI is booted up.

10. radamel

radamel Music Fiend

Thank you for the update, John!

Have a great 2018!

11. JarekD

JarekD Trade: Lakewest

Yes, they will be saved on the streamer board as the streamer needs to initialize all the DACs. I'm not sure if all information like this will be saved, but things like volume, filter, input for sure.
    For me it would be some kind of list in the UI with picture of the impulse response next to it and maybe some description of the filter... LG us using UI like this for its V30: https://www.androidheadlines.com/wp...08/LG-V30-audio-announcement-pre-launch-2.jpg
    Is there a reason for such delay? I would even put something like 500ms or lower. There is already delay of something between 500ms-1s on the DAC board. It has to decode, calculate fs and make sure its stable.
    Or maybe you meant to pool the DAC with 2s intervals? Thats not needed, as the protocol reports everything that changed with push event.

12. s1h1

s1h1 performing within expectations

Hi John/Jarek,

How far advanced is the software for the ministreamer?

Simon.

13. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Early engineering units will be released with a "get you going software" that supports:-

● Playback of all major file formats: PCM up to 24bits / 384 kHz DSD128 (DSD256 Native should also work)
    ● Playback from local storage, from USB drive or NAS
    ● Dirble and Shoutcast WebRadio directories
    ● Bluetooth playback support
    ● UPNP renderer capability
    ● ROON Ready Endpoint (requires ROON Certification)
    ● CD Playback and ripping support
    ● Favourites and playlists handling
    ● Multi-device selection from UI
    ● Multi-language UI
    ● First configuration Wizard
    ● CD Audio Playback
    ● Local file playback from internal Memory with some form of file management. Local file playback from internal memory working on current release. Ability to delete files and folders from User interface will be added later.

STREAMING SERVICES :

The following streaming services integration are available
    - TIDAL
    - Spotify

These early units are for not intended for general pubic release at this time - but for those who are technically competent with Linux and understand that the software / hardware is work in progress - they should also be located in Europe if a hardware update / modification is required.

amershamman likes this.
  14. mbaudis

mbaudis pfm Member

Happy New Year (still allowed until Easter, right?)!

Great - yes, this one for MDAC2 PCB - quantity of my current DACs is fine, so I can delay for quality ...

15. Steven Toy

Steven Toy L3 Toy

Under the Ways and Means Act of 1800 you may wish everyone a Happy New Year until the end of January.

16. jadidih101

jadidih101 pfm Member

So how did it go John? Did you manage to get any of the boards done?

17. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Running them NOW :) ...

18. ti33er

ti33er pfm Member

Cool, excited to hear more!

19. hluga

hluga pfm Member

"read" ! more ;)

20. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

PayPal sent