1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

MDAC First Listen (part 00111010)

Discussion in 'audio' started by JohnW, Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

I have already said this project has suffered enough delays deviating from the script, it needs to get finished and I will make a decision based on the final cost.

HarryB likes this.
  2. russel

If you had bothered to read the thread you would see my concern was serviceability, which John addressed.

HarryB likes this.
  3. BigDog

BigDog pfm Member

Thank you, John. Understood. As of now I am still onboard and hope that your Asian trip is productive particularly with regard to CNC DETOX chassis.

JohnW likes this.
  4. clivem2

clivem2 pfm Member

The latest info from JohnW is enough to keep me onboard with Detox too.

JohnW likes this.
  5. lapkwan

lapkwan pfm Member

I doubt the notion of anything perfect and for a dac I think it is particularly so, we have old legendary amp and turntable that still sound great but what is the fate about high end dacs? To say so I really hope John can be rational and get his great design materialized asap, a promise is a promise anyway, once broken you cannot blame the doubt on yet another.

russel and HarryB like this.
  6. JohnW

JohnW Trade: Lakewest

Lapkwan,

You around in HK around April 10th to 20th? - be good to meet up for diner one evening and I can discuss "off the record' some of the undisclosed tech in the DAC :)

I'll also with me will be the owner of the company who will be working on the front panel software so we can talk UI etc.

7. lapkwan

lapkwan pfm Member

Thanks for your invitation John, definitely would like to meet you so please give me the time and date later when you know it exact, though I doubt I'd have anything to contribute for the technical aspects concerned. It will be interesting anyway, HK has changed a lot, beyond recognition just in a few years time.

8. russel

Now John, if you take Lapkwan for a meal, do not suggest a Mong Kok street vendor, then change you mind and pick the most expensive restaurant in town, take all night to decide what to eat and then order food for your guest he didn't ask for.

I hope you see this as the humour it was intended but it does sort of describe the project.

9. JohnW

Great - looking forward, will be downtown somewhere (Wan Chai)... I'll PM you my HK mobile number closer to the time and we can make the arrangements...

10. fred sonnen

fred sonnen pfm Member

It's likely that I'll also be in Munich for the High End 2019 this year.
    But rather Friday afternoon till Sunday. I would be happy if I met John there and got to know him.

Greatings

11. JohnW

Hi Fred,

If there are not unforeseen travel issues due to Brexit - then it will be great to meet with you :)

12. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

[Moderating]

Can we please avoid “food” discussion.

rudyv1 likes this.
  13. lapkwan

lapkwan pfm Member

good decision:)

14. russel

John, may we have a status update on the MDAC2 PCB please?

kennyh and HarryB like this.
  15. JohnW

Progressing - working on the design daily...

HarryB likes this.
  16. russel

About how many days untill a completed PCB?.

HarryB likes this.
  17. JohnW

WRT to PCB completion - Sorry, I'm not prepared to say as I have no way to judge and committing to an unknown completion date just opens a bag of hurt for me - but it is getting closer.

Tomorrow we issue the mechanical STEP files for the prototypes Front and Rear panels - if things come together well, ready hopefully in-time for Munich.

HarryB likes this.
  18. fred sonnen

fred sonnen pfm Member

Ah, found a new toy?
    Maybe you should enter a "recurring task" in your mobile phone: Ask John weekly (or why not daily) for a status update.
    I'm pretty sure he's working on the project all the time. And he's certainly very excited when he's kept from his work by destructive nerve saws like you.

But more regular updates from John would also be good. ;-)

JohnW likes this.
  19. russel

OK, thanks.

HarryB likes this.
  20. ti33er

ti33er pfm Member

Errr £400 x 100 (or closer to 200 investors) is about £40,000 to £80,000, not €400K ? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.