1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

MDAC first listen (part II)

Discussion in 'audio' started by mark.king, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnW

JohnW Trade: Lakewest

Hi Liszt,

There's zero space inside the MDAC to add an attenuators board unforunterly, the PCB is well packed.

John

2. TimR

TimR pfm Member

Probably me being a bit slow, but I don't understand what you mean by "the internal server". Are you saying the SBT can act as a music server on the network, or are you referring to its ability to send data out of its digital outputs ?

What problems are you getting installing the software? In my exerience, you just run the installer and tell it to scan your music library. The SBT then detects the server on the network when you boot it up and is able to access that same library. Not much to it really.

I can see that running it on a NAS might be a bit hit and miss, but I'd have thought most PCs should be up to the job. Until very recently I was running it here on an old low-spec Athlon based machine in my loft. I did have a problem at first where the music would intermittently hang, but I solved this by disabling all the unwanted plugins which I'm guessing were bumping up the resource requirements. It was fine after that. Might be worth a try?

3. 29mile

29mile pfm Member

John
    Is it possible to just fit the new PCB PSU in the MDAC and use your own power supply ?
    Thanks

4. wbartels

wbartels Member

Does some one have pictures from the inside of the m-dac?
    I have searched the web but couldn't find any.

I know that the sound quality is the most imported,
    But still I'm very curious.

5. TimR

TimR pfm Member

Hi John,
    Yes, I saw your earlier post about the poor jitter. Are you saying that your modification is also going to give the SBT improved jitter performance regardless of whether or not it is connected to the MDAC ? Nice!

No worries, I'm happy either way... surprise me ;)

6. Markus S

Markus S 41 - 29

Thread continues here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.