1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Metal

Discussion in 'music' started by egodissolve, Mar 3, 2018.

1. egodissolve

egodissolve ....you're telling me Unicorns aren't real!

Not yet @Blackmetalboon! I have only just forced myself off the Wolvenest to spin the Mord'A'Stigmata! Playing this as I type, first impressions are good.

I did enjoy the Suffering Hour J, really good stuff

http://sufferinghour.bandcamp.com/album/dwell

I will hopefully catch up on your list over the weekend, I noticed the Hellripper was getting some attention.

2. egodissolve

@deek you might just like the Suffering Hour knowing you rate Deathspell.

3. deek

deek pfm Member

Oooh, that's pretty good isn't it.

egodissolve likes this.
  4. deek

deek pfm Member

what am I listening to right now you ask?

this...

I've got the vinyl boxset (bought when it came out) and it's a pain in the arse because the records are 5", 6", 7", 8", 9" !!

I wish I'd seen these guys. I'm pretty much into anything Dan Lilker has been in (give or take the first 'thrax album - haha)

5. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

Nice. I gave Extreme Conditions a digital spin not long back.

Extra points for the video having a GGFH logo on it! Wish I could find the Missy shirt I had.

6. deek

deek pfm Member

I love Extreme Conditions.

I had to lookup GGFH, listening to "Eclipse" right now. I never really explored much industrial outside of Godflesh and Ministry (and I suppose early Pitchshifter if they can be mentioned in the same sentence).

Dave***t likes this.
  7. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

Yeah it's a classic, and still stands up pretty well IMO.

Oh, that's nice about GGFH, I'd have thought you'd have heard them. I saw them supporting someone in about 1994, and picked up a CD at the gig, and then the Disease album shortly after. That might be a better album to start with. It's a bit more accessible. Not really what I'd call industrial, just electronic music mostly.

And if Godflesh is in the air, I should mention a band I saw just over a week ago, Khost - https://khostband.bandcamp.com

8. egodissolve

When talking of GGFH we are talking about Global Genocide Forget Heaven are we not? ..if so I have vinyls by those guys, in those days I worshipped similar pioneering electronic bands such as Skinny Puppy, FLA and Portion Control. Can't believe you saw GGFH live Dave, total respect.
    Talking of Ministry deek I have all their vinyl up to Psalm 69.

9. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

Yeah, that's the GGFH in question. The show was great, several TV screens showing various disturbing things relating to death, a chap making the music behind what looked like a coffin, and Ghost wrapped up in filthy bandages seeming like a right scary weirdo.

It seems that the last release Serrated Smile (which is where the little logo on the youtube video above comes from) is rather rarer than I realised. Which is kind of cool, but also a shame. Still, at least the thread has now got me listening to the MDB EP with Ghost on it :)

10. egodissolve

Where are you guys, too much chocolate and bunnies I guess... ;)
    Guys checkout the embed:

Its not my cup of tea but I enjoyed it and the video did make my belly rumble with chuckles. It is extremely well written and performed and, you know, I might just pick this up.
    Edit: just noticed a good writeup on AMG as well.

11. egodissolve

12. Blackmetalboon

Blackmetalboon pfm Member

Been very, very busy buying and listening to music!

I honestly wouldn’t have bothered listening to that Belzebubs song but, like you, I saw the review on AMG and then started to read the comments section. I might pick this up on CD if I can find it at a reasonable price.

I have Wallfahrer and Murg reserved for my music session later.

I’m trying to think of recommendations from what I’ve bought recently but I’m struggling, need a few more plays of some of them and as usual time will filter the good from the great albums.

13. egodissolve

You'll like the Wallfahrer BMB, I have been playing it non stop since it dropped. Wait until you hear the third track!
    You might also like Issfenn J. I bought it on one listen in the knowledge it was mastered by Colin Marston.

http://issfenn.bandcamp.com/album/mordwand

Let me know how you get on with Murg.

14. Blackmetalboon

Funnily enough I listened to a few tracks of this earlier (it popped up my bandcamp feed as you had got it). It’s in my Wishlist which seems to grow quicker than I can buy!

15. egodissolve

Yep, I know that feeling...Bandcamp hero, bank balance zero lol.

Blackmetalboon likes this.
  16. egodissolve

I did really enjoy the Dauþuz, that is a fine slab of BM. They are proving to be consistent J.

17. Blackmetalboon

On another note, I caught the last showing of Lords of Chaos at my local cinema the other week. In parts it was humorous, cringeworthy, sad, shocking and the ending was fairly brutal. It did seem a little rushed, lacking in timeframe and scale of what was going on, with very little depth to several of the main characters.
    Overall, probably worth a watch if you have some interest in the genres background.

18. egodissolve

That's the impression I got from reading blogs, I won't get the opportunity to see it on the big screen as any visit usually involves a Disney film (luckily managed to avoid Dumbo to date!)

19. egodissolve

@deek
    Can I recommend you try the new Vaura

http://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/sables

It isn't metal as such but it's dna is metal (members from Gorguts and Tombs), it is exceptionally good, has more a Euro alt-rock feel but is brilliantly recorded and produced and is a little more left field than other bands. I picked up the last album that was certainly darker, this one is much more accessible and open if you understand what I mean, give it a try.

20. deek

deek pfm Member

I will give that listen right NOW!

I am one coffee away from buying this https://wasteofspaceorchestra.bandcamp.com/album/syntheosis
    (I got the link from AMG)