1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Metal

Discussion in 'music' started by egodissolve, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Konteebos

Konteebos Ignorant Uninformed Hard Remainer

I'm currently enjoying the new Devin Townsend and Sunn O))) albums - both excellent.

2. ssheavy

ssheavy Active Member

same here, enjoying the new Sunn O. they go back to their old style me thinks :)

3. egodissolve

egodissolve ....you're telling me Unicorns aren't real!

4. deek

deek pfm Member

I've got the new Sunn and the new Earth on order.

And a new DSO, wow - we're spoiled :)

Spoiled or spoilt? Any grammar police on this thread?

5. egodissolve

The Earth is on pre-order here as well...as for grammar police deek we listen to bands that speak of Satan, I wouldn't worry about it, I am sure he won't mind lol

6. Blackmetalboon

Blackmetalboon pfm Member

@egodissolve I see you bought the Murg album. What did you think of it? I was going to report my findings but my weekend listening was interrupted by my Melco server deciding that it wasn’t gonna play ball!

My Belzebubs CD turned up yesterday, it’s a very polished and damn good album.

7. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

Enjoyed watching Cryptopsy and Brujeria tonight, Phobophile and Matando Gueros respectively were great to hear.

Would have loved to hang around for Electric Wizard, but had to leave. Ah well, next time.

egodissolve likes this.
  8. egodissolve

I've been playing the Murg on repeat since purchased BMB, it's top drawer, it was interrupted on occasions by the Häexenzijrkell track, there is something about this that hits all the right spots J, I have monitored this band for a while now but haven't purchased anything because of the quality of the recording but they got Deha on this one and it makes a big difference. I noticed you purchased this one as well, I think they have what it takes to make something special, what do you think of it?
    I wasn't aware that Melco servers had bad days, I was under the impression they worked like clockwork and a laptop was a thing of the past!
    I will have to pick up the Belzebubs now! I can't get it on Bandcamp so it will be included in the next cd run. I need to pick up Mystifers latest as the cd is the same price as the BC purchase!

http://mystifier.bandcamp.com/album/protogoni-mavri-magiki-dynasteia

I have a few to check out on your BC purchases today, some interesting ones there...

9. Blackmetalboon

@egodissolve the Melco works fine as long as I don’t turn it off. Ever. Or look at it. Or go near it. Or leave the Melco app unattended for more than an hour.

I’ve got all my new purchases lined up to listen to, so that should keep me busy for the rest of the day. I’ve got Murg queued up, hopefully my Melco won’t wipe my playlist like last weekend (twice!:mad:).

10. egodissolve

I was considering a Melco, glad I decided to stick to my laptop now. I enquired about one and was told how wonderful they are and how they never let you down! Nothing worse than battling with tech when you want to play music.
    I have the feeling the Murg, that's if the Melco plays ball, will make you very happy J. It's very good.
    Good luck!

11. Blackmetalboon

@egodissolve my Melco behaved itself so I managed to have a marathon listening session. I’m using it in USB-DAC mode but since Windows and Melco updates around Christmas I’ve had several problems with it. The App is fairly new, hopefully over time they will improve its stability.

The standout albums were Murg (not surprised you like this), Árstíðir lífsins (I played this twice) Elegiac and Sielunvihollinen. I also preordered ChapelFlames, judging from the tracks available this could be promising.

I almost forgot Deus Mortem, they seems to be a bit of a buzz about this band at the moment and justifiably so.

12. egodissolve

Yep, the Murg is getting lots of plays in ego-towers BMB.
    I streamed the Deus Mortem a couple of times and couldn't get into them, it was a similar feeling to the last Barshasketh, whose material picked up prior to this one, it just didn't click. Are you returning to the Barshasketh and Deus Mortem? If so I need to revisit them, maybe they need more time.

13. Blackmetalboon

It’s the first time I’ve listened to Deus Mortem so only time will tell. Barshasketh has kinda got lost in my collection, it was totally overshadowed by other albums purchased around the time, Véhémence, Airengrav and Downfall of Nur. It’s a steady, if unspectacular, album but hasn’t had that many replays.

14. egodissolve

That's what I felt at the time J. I can hear why you have adoration for the Véhémence, it was very good, just a touch to medieval for me, the Airengrav still gets the occasional spin and I never got around to the DoN; I forgot about that one, I will rectify that immediately!
    Let's see if the Deus Mortem stands the test of time, they have had some bad press because of their links with you-know-who, it's not important personally, as long as the lyrical content or imagery isnt obvious. I thought the press was a bit harsh tbh, the band should have ignored it and let their music do the talking. The blogs and bands are a bit trigger happy and overly sensitive at the moment...

15. Blackmetalboon

As I don’t read any of the metal blogs I hadn’t heard about any of this!

16. egodissolve

17. Blackmetalboon

Yes, that’s the one. It’s usually my go-to-album to wind down after a listening session.

18. egodissolve

19. deek

deek pfm Member

One of my all-time faves, playing right now...

They got bracketed as punk/crust but it's not as clear-cut as that. Wish I had the original but a crappy bootleg does the job.

20. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

Nice, same day as the new Flying Lotus. That’ll make a pleasingly strange pairing.

I never clicked with Synarchy in the same way as Paracletus, but I’ll give the new one a go. Hopefully it’s not all as slow as the taster.

egodissolve likes this.