1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Metal

Discussion in 'music' started by egodissolve, Mar 3, 2018.

1. egodissolve

egodissolve ....you're telling me Unicorns aren't real!

2. deek

deek pfm Member

seems I'm playing catch-up again... this week I've been listening to Morbus Chron. A lot.

3. Blackmetalboon

Blackmetalboon pfm Member

@egodissolve I had Wretched Fate on in the background at the weekend, seemed ok, but will give it another spin soon.

Just finished listening to Towering, really liked this.

4. egodissolve

I do have Sweven on vinyl somewhere deek.

5. deek

deek pfm Member

I checked them out after reading fan comments on the Ossuarium link you posted and I've still yet to hear that!

6. Blackmetalboon

I was just about to pull the trigger on Falls of Rauros’ latest Cd on Bandcamp until I realised it was £12 postage!

7. Blackmetalboon

Any Wolves in the Throne Room fan’s here? I’ve just (re)discovered them in my collection today (the album Celestial Lineage), any recommendations for other WITTR albums?

8. egodissolve

What's happening guys, have I missed anything?...Been off grid for a week living the highlife in Norfolk. No WiFi or G3, it was like rediscovering nature all over.
    Ok...lots of catching up to do...no Wolves here BMB, never really got around to actually checking them out.

9. egodissolve

I see you purchased the Slidhr BMB, a bloody good record I have to say, this has become a favourite. I have loads to check out!

10. egodissolve

The massive news that I missed out last week was the new Esoteric LP "A Pyrrhic Existence" has eventually been announced for release on Nov 8 on SoM. This is a can't wait, its been 8 long years!

11. Blackmetalboon

egodissolve likes this.
  12. egodissolve

SCREAM!

13. egodissolve

Now for something completely different...!
    Its way out there black but its been put together by Elijah Tamu of Panegyrist called ORISON WRETHE so it has pedigree.
    Its a free download on BC at the moment, grab it while you can.
    https://orisonwrethe.bandcamp.com/releases

14. Blackmetalboon

Just downloaded it, it’s up next.

15. egodissolve

16. egodissolve

I certainly pushes boundaries J, I suppose you could call it a wall of sonic black art! What are your thoughts, it isn't something I will regularly spin! I am playing Mylingar at present and feel much more comfortable :)

17. Blackmetalboon

@egodissolve I played the first track then had to put something else on, not because it was bad, but because I could feel myself relaxing a bit too much and next thing you know I’d be waking up at 4am on the sofa! I will revisit it later in the week.

P.S. I’m enjoying Sepvlcralis.

18. egodissolve

I am as well, its good to see UK bands making metal as good as this.

http://sepvlcralis.bandcamp.com/album/sepvlcralis

19. egodissolve

20. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

Last night I caught bits of Unfathomable Ruination (v briefly, but pleasingly brutal), Antaeus (also v briefly but started with some nice aggression). Then managed to see a bit more of Rotting Christ, Mgla, Napalm and Carcass.

All seemed to be having great shows. And despite having liked Carcass since I was at school, it really stood out how surprisingly iconic Corporeal Jigsore Quandary is.

egodissolve and deek like this.