1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Car Styling :(

Discussion in 'off topic' started by andyoz, Dec 5, 2019.

1. matt j

matt j pfm Member

I'll guess at an A45/35

2. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

You'd think it has been photoshoped on first viewing

3. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Reminds me a little of the i3 vs 1 Coupe comparison, which aren't that far apart in age!

[​IMG]

4. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

Dunno without asking but at a guess, practicality as travelling with smalls comes with a huge amount of extra stuff and the SUV is very easy. Just bung all the stuff in the back, kids love the space in the back, they do offer a great view of the road and they are really comfortable and nice to drive. I have had both estates and SUV's and am a convert to SUV with the space I need for stuff but no question I could do in a big estate car as well and have done so in the past. So It comes down to fashion as well. SUV's are one of the most popular car class now with mini, mid, family and large SUV's available.

5. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

I like what BMW is doing with some of the 2-series. I'd be happy to get the missus a 228i if we could chuck the kids..

[​IMG]

6. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Yeah, I could probably be converted. They still must chew the juice though in like for like comparison with an estate?

7. cutting42

Yup, I recommend them, kids still fit in the back

[​IMG]

8. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Is that a 228i? There's something just right about them IMO.
    Meant to be a great drive too.

9. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

The buyers don't care. Modern cars are more fuel efficient than those of the past, and if you can afford £300-350 pm on a lease for one of these then a tank of fuel at £70 is hardly a big deal. If you save 10% of that...pfft.

10. wacko

wacko pfm Member

IMO the 2 series is the best BMW.

11. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Always liked the original R8.

No unnecessary lines or vents...

[​IMG]

jackbarron likes this.
  12. cutting42

Depends on what you pick and how you drive but they are a barn door compared to the lower estate. Mine is a 2.5d (actually a 2l) not short of power and 2wd version as I don't need to lug the 4wd transmission around supposed to get 50 mpg but in the real world closer to high 30's to low 40's

13. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Or luggage space :)

14. cutting42

Actually the M235i but yes a fab drive especially on non runflats. There is a long thread on here somewhere listing my extensive efforts in replacing my old 335i and this is what we ended up with having looked at pretty much every sports saloon out there.

15. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

See if they start to care if the era of virtually Free money ends and they actually start 'owning' cars

16. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

I'm not a huge BMW fanboy but certain 2-series do make me take a second look on the street. They are about the size of older 3-series right and don't weigh stupid amounts?

17. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Probably about 90% of the lease cars people couldn't afford to own if they had to buy them, I wonder what would happen should it all come to an end.

18. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Me too, but that's a 15 year old design. In that time the E Type had been replaced by the XJS.

19. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

aha a car thread - cant have one without a Porsche, simplicity at its best

[​IMG]Untitled by uh_simon, on Flickr

Salamander likes this.
  20. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Definitely...it's a hard gravy train to jump off too.
    We all know there will be an end to it one day like every other debt bubble (which is what it is)

MikeMA and Darren like this.