1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Monitor Audio Silver S5 and SLCR (mains and centre)

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by shrink, Mar 1, 2019.

1. shrink

shrink pfm Member

I have for sale a lovely set of MA speakers available as a set or separately.

The Monitor audio Silver 5's are a lovely pair of two way floorstanders. Surprisingly smooth, clean and easy listening for MA speakers and have worked on the end of everything ive partnered them with. Detailed, with good bass oomph (without the overbearing and slightly flabbier bass of the S6 model).

I have replaced them with some monitor audio studio 20SE, and as many will know these were originally £2500 and reputed for their resolution and ability to play a wide range of music. In reality when I first replaced the S5 with them, it was hard to tell the difference, so similar is the sonic signature between the two models. The S5 punch well above their weight in hifi terms.

They are in fair condition probably a 7-8/10, drive units are perfect and unmarked and they comes with grilles and spikes. No boxes so collection probably the only option.

Looking for £150 due to the lack of boxes etc. You won't get much more in terms of high end performance for £150!!

The centre speaker is matching, and has had a new tweeter installed by me last year as I received it with a broken one. Condition is nearer 6/10 but cannot be seen when on a stand/unit rack.

£80 gets the centre

£200 for the whole set together.

[​IMG]

2. shrink

shrink pfm Member

A bump for a pair of the nicest all round speakers I’ve owned at almost any price.

3. Without trolling your thread. How are the Studio 20’s? I’ve always wanted a pair.

4. shrink

shrink pfm Member

Amazing clarity even by 2019 standards, huge resolution and the boxes disappear completely, set up right they have some of the best imaging I’ve experienced.

They also go remarkably deep for a two way floorstander, giving convincing bass into the low 30’s

5. Isobarik

Isobarik pfm Member

Hi Shrink Where are you based?
    Cheers
    Ray

6. shrink

shrink pfm Member

Edinburgh

7. shrink

shrink pfm Member

bump... great speakers looking for a good home.

90% of a studio 20SE for 20% of the cost ;)

8. Isobarik

Isobarik pfm Member

Cheers, shrink.
    The loudspeakers are not for me but for a friend. Edinburgh is way too far away from me as I live in Staffordshire.
    You'll have no problem selling them,and at £150 they are a bargain!
    Regards
    Ray

9. shrink

shrink pfm Member

oh they're a bargain at even more i'd think... sadly no takers yet

10. shrink

shrink pfm Member

bump... they aint getting any cheaper ;)

11. shrink

shrink pfm Member

And bump.

May be able to meet someone at a reasonable distance if it helps with collection.

12. shrink

shrink pfm Member

bump.. could really do with seeing these gone.. so i'll entertain sensible and reasonable offers.

13. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

If you are prepared to spend an hour or so making boxes and chopping up polystyrene so you can offer shipping you will see these fly out of the door for a great deal more than you are currently asking. Edinburgh is a deal breaker for most.

14. shrink

shrink pfm Member

for the cost of shipping this lot, people from as far south as Durham could probably drive up and down for less ;)

I don't have suitable packaging and wouldn't want to guarantee the safety of the units in transit. if they don't sell here, it'll be off to the local cash generators with them.

15. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Tell me before that happens and I will get in the car. Cash-etc will give you thrupence for them, it would be worth the 200 miles from Leeds.

16. shrink

shrink pfm Member

feel free to make a sensible offer and come collect.