1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Most played with game/toy as a child.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by kennyh, Feb 11, 2019.

1. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

Hard one to call for me but I'm going with Subbuteo. I loved it.

We had a league going with 10 lads in it, home and away matches etc.

I remember once ironing my goalkeeper to make him taller for a semi final cup game, he snapped off with the first shot he had to save and I had to continue the match with just a stick. Hurtful memory:confused:

2. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

think for me (as a young kid in the 70s) could have been a football? I often played in the street with various mate(s)

as I had a load of toys as a youngster but playing outside stood the test of time..

my cousin had a grafter bike and I loved riding that, I later got a racer but that didn't seem to get as much time

tho, I'm sure more toys etc will come to me...I often played cards with my nan...

kennyh likes this.
  3. Dozey

Dozey Air guitar member

How do you spell scalextric?

4. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

L...E...G....O

5. We played out unless it was raining. Indoors it was Action Man, Toy Soldiers, Lego or Toy Cars in pretty equal measure I would think.

Cheers BB

kennyh likes this.
  6. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

Doctors and nurses

Bloss

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Lego inside, bike and skateboard outside. From age 15 hi-fi!

linnfomaniac83 and kennyh like this.
  8. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

It alternated between the Christmas walnut or my revered hoop and stick.

cutting42 likes this.
  9. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

A Raleigh Burner then a Raleigh Banana in daytime, then when the sun went down and I had to go home, Lego in the evenings.

kennyh likes this.
  10. calorgas

calorgas pfm Member

Inside: Lego, drawing
    Outside: bikes, footie/wall-ball, climbing trees

11. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Depends on what age, I had a Tomy car like this http://www.highleaguesthouse.co.uk/...iving-game-vintage-rare-toy-gwo-grqifiif.html that I played with up until about 6/7. I then discovered the back garden and my imagination, made a Delorian time machine out of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles table and chairs, a steering wheel (no idea where from) and some old car tyres, went and kicked Biff Tannen’s ass quite regularly in that bad boy. Then when I was a bit older, my bike and a climbing rope and harness and of course my beloved dog. I lived (still do) by a disused sand quarry that was used to rebuild Birmingham and some surrounding areas following WW2 (Shire Oak nature reserve), it was an amazing place for cycling, amateur climbing, walking my dog and even camping out with my mates. I had an amazing childhood with little time spent in front of the TV or a games console. It’s pretty pants that I’m riddled with arthritis at 35 because I’ve always been super fit and active, in spite of having serious asthma. When not out enjoying the great outdoors, I’ve always loved my music and have had some form of music system right from the age of about 7. Oh and not forgetting torches, I’ve always had a thing about torches. I have a collection of Maglites, love them, no idea why.

TimF and kennyh like this.
  12. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

13. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

Me and my brother had a dart!

Tarzan and linnfomaniac83 like this.
  14. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

kennyh likes this.
  15. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

Favorite present ever at Christmas as a kid but not the most played with was a Daisy BB Winchester rifle.

Shot my brother at point blank range with it on Christmas day and never got to see it again until about March.

Rob998 likes this.
  16. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

My other half has given up Linn :D I've revisited so many old toys now she'd not notice:p

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  17. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Lucky you, I only had a board.

Rob998, linnfomaniac83 and kennyh like this.
  18. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

You'll both kick yourselves it it turns out you were local to each other:p

cutting42, linnfomaniac83 and Rug Doc like this.
  19. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Mr Cat and kennyh like this.
  20. calorgas

calorgas pfm Member

I bought a .22 air rifle from a school friend, had scopes and everything :D. Got me into a lot of bother that thing due to the inevitable destruction I caused with it, but had a lot of fun too. Bloody dangerous mind, in retrospect.

Mr Cat and kennyh like this.