1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Most played with game/toy as a child.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by kennyh, Feb 11, 2019.

1. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Another mental thing we used to do was make/throw French Arrows(frenchies) from one end of the street to the other-mates would dodge them at the receiving end-how no one was killed I'll never know ;-)

kennyh likes this.
  2. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Haha I thought you meant the 2d acrylic cut out players.....Who remembers Striker? proper crap mechanised footie game....

cutting42 and kennyh like this.
  3. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

Was that the one with wedges on the players? Total shite that.

I always used Everton in our league, and then switched to Brazil. It was wrong though as they supplied 11 black players when 4 were white at the time. I tried to paint four of the faces with pink paint and made a right balls of it so painted them brown again:D

farfromthesun and cooky1257 like this.
  4. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

A Hornby-Dublo train set; the old-fashioned type with three rails. I got it for Christmas when I was ten or so. Me and my brother spent a fortune (well, a few quid) buying new engines, rolling stock, station gubbins. It now resides in my brother's loft, where it will probably stay.

Annoyingly, we have no sons, so no chance of re-living those glory days. My daughters were only interested in My Little Pony and suchlike when they were nippers.

kennyh likes this.
  5. Yomanze

Yomanze pfm Member

Game Boy and Mega Drive for me. Man I killed those consoles day in day out for years and aside for an occasional blow on the cartridge or ports were faultless.

kennyh likes this.
  6. fatmarley

fatmarley Registered User

Webley Vulcan .177 air rifle - Got it took off me not long after getting it for my 9th birthday.
    Kawasaki KX125 - Was so excited getting that for my 14th birthday.
    Sinclair 48k ZX Spectrum - Probably used that more than anything else - Well that or my mums Kays catalogue.

Rug Doc and kennyh like this.
  7. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

8. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Indoors-Lego, the old skool stuff, Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars and track-anyone else have their hide blistered by that nasty orange track? Mighty Mike, Tinkertoys, Lincoln Logs and various other build-it sets, GI Joe, Major Matt Mason, Billy Blastoff.

Outdoors-My bicycles that went all over hells creation, Daisy Carbine BB gun, tent that I camped outside in the entire summer off from school, basketball/football/baseball gear, fishing rod and tackle. A summer then seemed to last a long time...until the last week before school started!

kennyh likes this.
  9. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

Didn't it just. And my birthday was always a week after we broke up so double result!!

TimF likes this.
  10. tuga

tuga European

11. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

We used to be able to take our favourite toy in too on the last day of school before the holiday.
    I remember a bloke in our class and it's Gods honest truth was sent to the headmaster for making his Action man mount some poor girls Cindy doll :D

Mr Cat and TimF like this.
  12. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

I got a TRS-80 Model 1 as an 11 year old and i'm still playing with it.

A close second would be my Realistic 75 in 1 Electronics Project Kit.

kennyh likes this.
  13. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

I'll bet they weren't cheap at the time.

14. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

That was the rascals in lower sixth for you.

15. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

My best toy was a Trick Track Road Rally, a kind of less sophisticated Scalextric. The cars only went in a straight line, and changed direction by running up against the walled bends of track. Still got it in the loft with the price sticker on - 59/11.
    https://www.adverts.ie/other-toys-g...k-trax-cross-country-road-rally-boxed/4473646
    Also had Meccano later, and a second hand Action Man with a foot missing. Told my mates it got blown off by a mine!

16. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

Got to be Lego; and the Mamod TE-1a I bought (with some help...) when I was seven yrs old.

I still have both; and the Mamod still gets the occasional run!

[​IMG]
    Not bad at 40yrs old this year :eek:

17. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

18. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

I was given a chemistry set

[​IMG]

Mr Cat, kendo, Rob998 and 1 other person like this.
  19. MichaelC

MichaelC pfm Member

Indoors

Lego, meccano and toy soldiers (the miniature variety) and I would set them up as opposing sides and use marbles to knock them down. Some great battles were had!

Outdoors

If I wasn’t riding a bicycle or kicking a ball about I would often be in the garden helping (or was it hindering?) my dad clearing leaves, digging and generally getting in the way, building my tree house, and, yes, the bonfires!

cooky1257 and kennyh like this.
  20. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Then when I was 14 or so, Tamiya went head to head with Kyosho.

Christ they were fabulous days.

James and kennyh like this.