1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Bob McC, Mar 26, 2019.

1. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

Knockaert. Deserved the red.

BBC didn't show the incident with Mepham and Andone. The second week in a row that one of our players got a face full of face. Only a yellow card shown, AGAIN. Perhaps our guys ought to throw themselves to the floor in these circumstances.

2. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

I presume VAR will be used for good, not evil, so hopefully next season we will be able to see a bit of instant justice. Not Plymouth though - VAR will never venture as far down into the depths!

3. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

So benefit fraud is ok then? .. you're flapping mate, because your point has naff all to do with the subject matter, but about talking bad of the dead, so whether it's benefit fraud, or racism, it matters not. Your churlish comment was aimed at me, even though I quoted the racism comment too, so don't try and hide behind coming in late either. You're picking and choosing your arguments, and whatever anyone says when i'm gone, I couldn't really care less, because i'm none of the above.

4. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

City enjoyed 73% possession yet still managed to commit 11 fouls to Palace's 5.
    Request denied:D

jackbarron and Barryoke like this.
  5. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

No need to get personal Bob - it's a football thread.

blossomchris likes this.
  6. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

Hahahahahaha… good work, Statto. :D

webster likes this.
  7. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Maybe Sarri will use himself as a sub and score a goal. :D

Went to a party at Groucho's last night thrown by the guy who started The Wag Club in the '80's. Met people I hadn't seen for decades, including a journalist/director who has made a documentary about Kraftwerk.

I went along with a couple of mates, one of whom is a rabid Utd supporter. He works as a chef on the boats of very rich people and has a job starting in Barcelona next week.

He is flying out on Wednesday, rather than Tuesday, because he doesn't want to experience the ignominy of watching Utd lose against the Messi maestros.

Jack

8. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

womens FA cup, what an own goal by Chelsea!

blossomchris likes this.
  9. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

Wow!! … that was a glorious strike by, Salah.

Hook likes this.
  10. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

I don't need to ponder it... you can keep your self righteous, sanctimonious and condescending final comment. You dug yourself into a hole, changing your story and tried to make yourself out to be the paragon of virtue. Enjoy your superiority complex, it's built on sand, sunshine.

11. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

Great win today and it looks like it might go to the wire, c'mon Spurs ;)

blossomchris, Hook and gintonic like this.
  12. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

It would have been a draw if Hazard hadn't hit the post and converted another chance.

Chelsea made it to the break easily enough, but slack defending early in the second half allowed Liverpool to score. The second goal by Salah though was a cracker, from outside the area into the top corner.

The commentator said Kepa didn't have a chance to get the ball, but this isn't quite true. He was flying through the air and made some great saves during the game. He's well worth the money Chelsea paid for him.

Sarri's response to this? He brought on Higuain for Hudson-Odoi. It was great that the latter and Loftus-Cheek started the game and both played really well. The only drawback was Odoi didn't run into the penalty area to be passed to. This is meant to be Higuain's speciality.

The Argentinian came on and didn't do much. At one point the ball fell at his feet in the area. He was free to shoot, but didn't. The next second he was robbed by a Liverpool player.

The chances of Chelsea finishing in the top four are slim. The Salah goal and Higuain's mediocrity highlight the problem.

If Chelsea hadn't sold Salah, they wouldn't need to fork out for old crocs like Higuain. The then football director and the Russian bird who controls the cash are responsible for this.

We have over 40 players out on loan, some of whom are great. Chelsea put making money before the needs of the club.

Jack

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    webster and ks.234 like this.
  13. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

Silently gloating.....mmm

14. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

If a few members continue to get a little frothy they will find they’re not allowed to post in this thread for a little while. I’m sure we can calm down gentlemen...

Thanks

myles and Barryoke like this.
  15. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

@jackbarron any comment on the womens FA cup today?

blossomchris likes this.
  16. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Well played Liverpool. I thought Chelsea were worth a goal which could have made it interesting but overall no complaints.

jackbarron, palacefan and tqineil like this.
  17. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

I can't believe that Chelsea didn't score. That period after the second Liverpool goal, Hazard was on fire, and just lacked the rub of the green to get the rewards that his efforts deserved.

jackbarron and webster like this.
  18. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

A few ad hom posts deleted. As lordsummit says...

wyjsar, palacefan and Barryoke like this.
  19. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

I wondered where page eleven was!

20. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher