1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Bob McC, Mar 26, 2019.

1. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

Championship here we come...:(

2. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

A huge crowd of 408 for the top of the table clash, but a difficult night for the Countrymen.

[​IMG]

Hallam 0 - 1 Campion

Last home game on Saturday, then two away games to end the season. Bit gutted, but hey, my second team should have a semi against Barca to come. : )

myles likes this.
  3. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

Well done Ajax. Fully deserved win, by all accounts.

4. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

Ronaldo walks off, no handshakes or anything....AGAIN. Messi is ten times the player and man that he is.

Back to Ajax, because I think they were hard done by with the final commentary. There wasxa lot of 'Ronaldo is out of the competition' which is ultra insulting to Juve and Ajax. Once again Ajax had more attempts then Juve and from all accounts outsmarted them in every area.

5. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

Yeah, Ajax were way better than Real in the quarters, and from the handful of clips I've seen from tonight, it was the same again. Comfortable in possession, super slick passing, simple goals.

6. myles

It's the kind of form that deserves a trophy. I'd like the CL to go to an English team but Ajax have a shout.

Dependent on the result tomorrow there will be no weak teams left in the competition. Tough to call.

7. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

That's a pretty pessimistic view looking at Cardiff's remaining fixtures.

8. myles

It's not something you hear when talking football in mid-April, but it's early days where relegation is concerned.

9. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Pretty grim run of late, not all over yet.

10. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

Proof, not that it was needed, that the club need to invest, sadly the Glazers don't go full tilt unless United don't make Champions League. .. maybe no top 4 will be a blessing.

11. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Utd were good in the first 5 minutes. After that though they were woeful. Hopefully the abject nature of their playing will continue against Everton at the weekend.

Jack

12. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

After such a positive start, it was disappointing to see Man U lose so convincingly. After De Gea’s fumble, I switched over to watch Ajax come back and outplay Juventus. Ajax’s excellent midfield should give either Man City or Tottenham some tricky matchups in their semifinal.

Hope LFC gets an early away goal tomorrow, and can coast to a win. Somehow I doubt that will happen though.

tqineil likes this.
  13. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Terrible mistake from De Gea for Barca’s 2nd goal though. United looked good for the first 10 minutes (Rashford inches away early on) but as soon as Young gave away possession and the rest of the defence back off leaving Messi all that space to do his thing. Pogba looked almost uninterested - his form seems to have dipped since OGS got the job full time. A coincidence?

Lose to City at home and there’ll be some questions asked about whether it was correct to give him the job.

14. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

Have you looked at our fixtures?

Wolves (a)
    Spurs (a)
    Newcastle (h)
    Arsenal (a)
    City (h)

We need 4 points from that lot.

15. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Yeah apologies for that - I must have been having a senior moment.
    I was actually looking at Cardiff's remaining fixtures and convincing myself that they were Brighton's!

16. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Wolves have slipped up a few times against teams below them so you might get a point there & a win against Newcastle is more than possible.

myles likes this.
  17. myles

Looks like the jewels of '98 are tarnishing their legacy - Scholes can't adhere to pretty strict non-gambling policy and Nicky Butt has been arrested for allegedly assaulting his partner. Whatever next - Alex Ferguson turning a blind eye to Jaap Staam using performance enhancing drugs?

18. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

OGS won’t be manager by the end of next season. Emotion over mind appointment. He doesn’t have anything like the experience to turn Man U around. They are a shambles. I’m delighted.

btw I wanted Mourinho to stay as he was doing an excellent job screwing them up.

19. myles

You are right unfortunately. They put him in as caretaker when they had a pretty easy run against mostly relegation fodder, with a couple of really good results in between. This seemed to be enough for the club and supporters to hail him as the next messiah, and proclaim 'ole's at the wheel'.
    What now though? They've installed the following-

1. Ferguson's choice.
    2. The thinking man's manager - total football.
    3. The most prolific manager in modern times.
    4. A club legend.

Nothing has worked, could it be <shudder> the club that's the problem? In the mid 80s you couldn't see past Liverpool dominating 'forever', ten years later they were finished and it's taken a long time to get to where they are now. I've been vilified left, right, and centre for suggesting Man United's time finished 5-6 years ago.

It's a shame, and I'm torn because Ole is a genuinely nice guy; the only player I had any time for in that era (apart from Darren Fletcher perhaps) and I feel bad for him if this behemoth of a job consumes and spits him out.

20. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

We all know how this plays out...

1. Ferguson's choice.
    2. The thinking man's manager - total football.
    3. The most prolific manager in modern times.
    4. A club legend.
    5. Sam Allardyce

Sorry, couldn’t resist! :D

Alex N and myles like this.