1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by vuk, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

new and improved.

2. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Chelsea will win ... everything.

Jack

Mr Cat and vuk like this.
  3. wyjsar

wyjsar Nothing but heart

OK, that's your prediction on the ladies team I guess. How will the men's team get on?

tqineil likes this.
  4. jackbarron

Even better.

Jack

wyjsar likes this.
  5. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

Did you get decent odds at the bookie? ;)

6. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

I predict the following managers will be sacked/flounce before season end, in no particular order.

Neil Warnock
    Jose Mourinho
    David Wagner
    Rafael Benitez
    Javier Garcia

7. jackbarron

Of course. :D

Mind you Sarri has said Chelsea won't function properly for a while. “I think we have to work, but we started to work [together] two days ago. Potentially, in two or three months, we can become a very good team.”

At least we've got a realist in charge.

Jack

8. wyjsar

wyjsar Nothing but heart

I think Wagner will get an offer from whoever else sacks their manager first. Incredible performance last season, and shaped by him. Rather more impressive than his former master Klopp.

9. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

Chelsea have spent a world record amount on a goalkeeper. Could be right Jack, about Chelsea not functioning properly for a while.

10. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

and the toon won't win ... anything.. :(

Weekender likes this.
  11. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

I doubt rafa will leave before the end of the season as he'll incur a £6 million clause... but when the season ends he'll be gone..

Weekender likes this.
  12. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

Liverpool and City compete for the league 1st and 2nd places.
    FA and League Cup....who cares
    Liverpool go deep in the Champions League again.

Much whining in Manchester and Mourinho sacked before Xmas. Joy to the world!

13. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

Its a crying shame.. NUFC. Great club, fans and manager... owner is an utter twat.

Weekender and Mr Cat like this.
  14. Clive D

Clive D Low fidelity victim

So what if Mourinho goes before Christmas, Rafa gets really fed up with the owners at Newcastle and joins Man United?

From NUFC to MUFC, as long as Zidane doesn’t get in the way.

15. Bob McC

FACT

The problems at United are much deeper than the coach. They are structural. There seems to be no long term plan of where the club wants to go. Signings seem to be knee jerk reactions or desperation buys as transfer windows close. They never stop telling everyone they are the richest club in the world in which case their unwillingness to compete for the best players suggests the Glazers are more interested in their annual profit scalping than success on the field. Ed Woodward talks about what a good year they had last year and uses increased Facebook and Twitter presence as evidence! He should be concentrating on bringing in the players asked for rather than preening over the latest noodle sponsorship.

16. Clive D

Clive D Low fidelity victim

I sadly think that if United stick with Mourinho we will be fact.

Or close to that at least.

17. jackbarron

We might have signed the most expensive goalkeeper in the world, but Kepa Arrizabalaga looks like the real deal for Chelsea. No wonder Sarri wanted to get him for Napoli and Spanish fans wish he'd played at The World Cup in Russia instead of flaccid de Gea.

Below is a collection of Kepa saves and there are some spectacular ones, although the accompanying music is rubbish.

Certainly glad Courtois has gone. Drinkwater might return to Leicester, which is fitting because he has never fitted in at Chelsea.

Jack

18. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Kepa's far better looking than Courtois too. Glad we won't have to look at that giraffe neck week in week out anymore

[​IMG]
    View from behind the goal at Stamford Bridge last season

vuk, webster and jackbarron like this.
  19. jackbarron

You're definitely right. :D Just a shame we haven't got a striker sorted out as well.

Jack

20. Bob McC

Remember this?

“What the transfer deadline gives you is a clear indication of which are the badly run football clubs!!!”

Gary Neville August 31 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.