1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by vuk, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Chelsea have deals in place to sign Leandro Paredes from Zenit and Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella, according to The Telegraph. One could replace Fabregas, so he has finally signed to Monaco for 10 Million. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...aking-cesc-fabregas-transfer-chelsea-13843746

Sarri thinks Chelsea need two players, although he wouldn't tell The Mirror in which position. He has made his feelings known and it is up to the board. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/maurizio-sarri-provides-chelsea-transfer-13842397

It makes sense that Higuain's agent was in London. Chelsea are allegedly trying to get the striker on loan for six months. That might get around the Iron Lady's demented transfer grip.

If we fail to get get a new striker though, fall further down the PL and don't get into The Champions League, a lot of the blame will rest with director Marina Granovskaia.

Jack

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Probably retired!

Fabregas has gone (to Monaco) - I like that Sarri is willing to say "I don't want players here who don't want to be here".

3. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Probably retired!

I don't know how much you get for signing a 3 year deal with Monaco at his age, but it will probably pay for groceries, cat food etc

4. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

You beat me then. I think they did both Youngs, a Red and a stronger blue I believe, a good old trad bitter.

Only pub I ever used in Wheathampstead, on the Welwyn road, now an Italian restuarant I guess.

Bloss

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  5. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Did Arsenal and Liverpool have too much turkey ? Or was it too many toots on NYE ?

6. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Into the bottom three we go...

Mr Cat likes this.
  7. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

I'll take a 1-0 loss...it may be a lot worse.

Mr Cat likes this.
  8. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

and I can't see a way out, especially if we don't get anything from the Cardiff game next week..

Weekender likes this.
  9. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Class from Luiz and Pedro.
    Right blow the whistle.

10. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

well, it's that already :(

11. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

When trailing:
    W 0
    D 0
    L 11

12. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Salah “wins” yet another penalty.

13. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Chelsea will probably win. This will obviously be bad news for Newcastle. On the plus side it will give Spurs the willies. Liverpool got 3 points today and are pulling away. The chances are Utd will beat Tottenham tomorrow

Jack

14. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Perez is xxxx.

15. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Three centre halfs. Corner. The only way we'd score.
    We'll still lose.

16. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Broadly equivalent.

Mr Cat likes this.
  17. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Last knockings with a corner and all the big men in the box Ritchie rolls the ball to Atsu, a man with the touch of a trampoline.

seagull likes this.
  18. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

The "penalty"was the only way they were going to score today. Dreadful performance by the referee and linesmen, it's hard enough playing against the top team without the help of the officials.

Not to dwell on that though, it was a great improvement on last season's 5-1 so we are moving in the right direction. We were missing more players than Liverpool today and Palace lost too

Weekender likes this.
  19. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Rio Ferdinand needs to check himself with his latest comments...oh he has a clothing range in Sports Direct...
    "Next time Rio is on BT talking about Man U needing player X, Y and Z to compete, JH should just turn to him and say why should the Glazers invest any more money? "

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Mr Cat likes this.
  20. wacko

wacko pfm Member

^^ as a neutral I would agree that officials often favour top teams. And home teams. Football just cannot seem to work out how to use TV to solve these problems: rugby does it very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.