1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by vuk, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

The team that wins the league normally deserve it, unless you announce the score from Bolton during the match, and means that QPR stop fighting, knowing full well that they are safe from relegation.... AGUERO!!! ;)

2. bernardhepworth

bernardhepworth pfm Member

You maybe right, but to see Fergies facial expression change after he realised that he'd lost the title was priceless......

3. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

Had the boot been on the other foot, there would have been uproar though.

4. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I do have a word to describe the style of football that Chelsea are playing this season but 'majestic' isn't it;)

5. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

I've no doubts that City will probably win it but would be thrilled if they don't this season for obvious reasons. The football played by some of the clubs in the EPL is as good as anything I've seen in many a day, whether that means success in the UCL this season is another thing tho.

Hook likes this.
  6. bernardhepworth

Webster

I have a family member who is a huge Chelsea fan and he tells me that they have played some wonderful stuff during the season. He is rather scathing about a certain member of the clubs hierarchy though. I don't have a problem with Hazard not being happy, as long as that continues into the weekend....

7. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Maybe my TV just shows the boring bits:)
    Living in France I don't get to many games although I have a couple coming up this month - Malmo at home and your mob at our 2nd home;)

8. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Lee Charnley ambushed :
    Newcastle fan:
    “Hi Lee”
    Lee Charnley:
    “Hi”
    Newcastle fan:
    “I’m a confused supporter of Newcastle United.
    “I was just wondering if you could confirm if any payments have been made by Sports Direct for advertising in the club?”

Lee Charnley:
    SILENCE
    Newcastle fan:
    “Lee, I’m a supporter who is considering whether to renew my season ticket, I have had a season ticket for 31 years.
    “I was just wondering, does Mike Ashley pay anything for advertising at Newcastle United?”

Lee Charnley:
    SILENCE
    Newcastle fan:
    “I’m asking on behalf of about 40,000 season ticket holders like myself, Lee.”
    Lee Charnley:
    SILENCE
    Newcastle fan:
    “I’m not going to cause you no problems, I would just like you to answer the question if you could.”
    Lee Charnley:
    SILENCE
    Newcastle fan:
    “Does Mike Ashley pay anything for advertising within the club.”
    Lee Charnley
    SILENCE
    Newcastle fan:
    “No offence to you but are you just another shill (stooge), similar to Joe Kinnear.
    “There to take the blame, for what he (Mike Ashley) is doing at the club?”

Lee Charnley:
    SILENCE
    Newcastle fan:
    “Because to be honest, your published salary (£150,000) suggests that is the case.”
    Lee Charnley:
    SILENCE
    Newcastle fan:
    "You are paid less than the Gillingham CEO whatever you want to call him, (as well as) the Walsall one.
    “I think that’s the truth, isn’t it Lee?
    “You don’t actually run the club, you are there to take the blame aren’t you?

Lee Charnley:
    SILENCE
    Newcastle fan:
    “Have a good night.”
    Lee Charnley
    SILENCE

Barryoke likes this.
  9. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

10. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

How many Premiership teams have the potential to exceed 100 points this season?......

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    tqineil likes this.
  11. Bjork67

Bjork67 pfm Member

Chelsea need a quick 4 to equalise , wonder if this the last we see of the Chelsea manager.

12. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I doubt it - a lot more suffering to come I fear.

13. bernardhepworth

I've just come into the house as I've had to repair a fence panel before the wind gets up again....
    As someone has mentioned on the BBC website " Are you Sunderland in disguise?"

I think that there is another goal in this half and I think its not going to come from city....

14. bernardhepworth

Or could you be QPR in disguise?

15. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

Wow.. I thought that Chelsea would struggle to get top four if they sold Hazard, but it's looking likely with him in the team still. Will the top four bunch up more still, once Champions League gets into full swing, will be interesting to see.

16. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

I hope so. Sarri doesn’t manange though, he just does the same thing over and over again. He’s learned everything he knows from The Pep Guardiola Book of Football for Boys and has now other reference or experience to call on.

A team that gives away goals for fun and has the best defensive midfielder in the world playing out on the wing, is a team that lacks a manager worthy of the name.

webster, tqineil and jackbarron like this.
  17. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

How good must Newcastle be?
    :):rolleyes:

tqineil likes this.
  18. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Chelsea - what an embarrassment!

Completely out of their depth.

“It's looked like Manchester City are playing against a Chelsea youth team, that's how good they have been.”
    Dion Dublin

19. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

Who's Sarri Now? (Connie Francis)

20. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

No handshake for Pep, what class!!

Makes Everton's loss there the other week more palatable for me anyway:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.