1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by vuk, Aug 8, 2018.

1. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

Well. Well, well, well! My wife was shouting make it seven. I've created a monster! :D

gassor and lordsummit like this.
  2. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Wonder what he would have done if Aguero got the sitter and the crossbar ones ??

kennyh likes this.
  3. glenda

glenda pfm Member

OK everyone, I'm going to come out as a Newport County supporter - there, I've said it and I now feel a sense of relief. We are at home in the FA cupto Man City next Saturday and I have managed to obtain a ticket - to some extent , I'm not too fussed about the result but hopefully we can keep the score sensible. We have generated £1 million from the cup run which , when your annual budget is £2.5 million, is fantastic.
    UTC!

Tony

tqineil, seagull, suzywong and 3 others like this.
  4. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

One pundit on NBCSN said both Sarri and the players were responsible for the 6 - 0 loss. The other reckoned the manager would be gone by tomorrow.

Sarri said when he took over that we wouldn't win anything this season. It could be the only thing he gets right.

Jack

5. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Good luck from a City fan.
    The FA cup is a fantastic opportunity for smaller clubs to secure financial security.

6. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

But not too much good luck!

7. Bob McC

I remember some dick on her trying to tell me Aguero couldn't Do it against top six teams.

Whatever happened to Murray?

8. jackbarron

Chelsea haven't had a director of football since Michael Emenalo left for Monaco 16 months ago. There has been no sense of vision at Chelsea and this is why presumably Sarri was brought in.

Unfortunately so-called Sarri-ball is dying on its feet. We have been thrashed during our last three Premier League games. Fifteen goals have been scored against us and we have replied with 0.

Luis Felipe Scolari, Andre Villas-Boas and Roberto Di Matteo, were shown the door during their first full season at Stamford Bridge. I think it might be best if Sarri goes as well.

Sure the players were badly inept after the first few minutes of being on the attack. It started with Alonso not marking during a free kick and was followed by Barkley's idiotic header back into his own area and Aguero's feet. The BBC list all of the failings here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47193059

Our loses in the last 11 days are Sarri's responsiblity and he should pay the price.

Jack

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  9. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

He could start by putting Kante back to CDM.

tqineil likes this.
  10. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Can I be the next 5 minute manager at Chelsea and collect the £10 million ?

Rack Kit, tqineil and Mr Cat like this.
  11. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Not going to happen.

12. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Bonkers.

Rack Kit likes this.
  13. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

who next though Jack?

kennyh likes this.
  14. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Double bonkers when clearly the player being used in that position in not fit for purpose.

jackbarron likes this.
  15. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

There are 3 times I've been angry with my team; Avram Grant, André Villas-Boas, and now Sarri.

In each case, I'm not angry with the managers themselves, but with the recruitment system that appointed them, a system that buys has-beens for silly money and refuses to play the existing young talent we have then letting them go to develop into world class players with other clubs. A system that appears to be run by a cross-me-and-die mafia elite.

I'm more fed up now than I was on 24 June 2016.

jackbarron likes this.
  16. wacko

wacko pfm Member

It's just a game. Runs...

17. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

Marco Silva I hope.

18. Bob McC

There’s a poisonous culture in the Chelsea dressing room.
    Its clear that if they don’t like what the coach demands they just down tools.

19. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

It's just a game???

just a game???

you cannot be serious!!!!!

gassor likes this.
  20. jackbarron

Gianfranco Zola immediately and if he's successful at turning Chelsea around he should be kept on.

Jack

gintonic and webster like this.