1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by vuk, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Agree with that 100% - all sounds a bit too uncomplicated for CFC though. ;)

jackbarron likes this.
  2. wacko

wacko pfm Member

I have a problem taking football too seriously although I do watch it. I never loved one team and hated all others: seemed a bit too tribal and arbitrary.
    I realise this is not normal: my brother is MUFC and my son Arsenal. But I never understood why they are.

3. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

A few weeks ago, Sarri was saying the players were not listening to him, they were not playing the way he wanted. But has he been playing his top men in their best positions? It all seems like Chelsea have over a couple of seasons well and truly lost their way. Had to smile at some of the predictions at the start of the season esp this one by one of the most vocal Chelsea fans on here "Chelsea will win ... everything."

4. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

An ex-club player, who knows how the team can win, seems to be working at MUFC at the moment. I'm still conflicted about that one!

jackbarron likes this.
  5. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Why not give Zola a go.
    It seems to be the done thing currently to appoint an ex player, proven abject managerial failure as your coach.

6. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

I reckon it’ll be either Allardyce or Pulis to make sure they stay up. They need to clear out that squad and start again. Something’s obviously rotten there, either they stick with a manager or it’ll go from bad to worse. Can’t believe Jorginho chose to go there instead of City. Looks more like his loss though each time he plays.

Rack Kit and gassor like this.
  7. spengenuk

spengenuk pfm Member

Maybe it’s player power. We have seen it at MU, just underperform and that will get rid of the manager. Mourinho and Sarri are well regarded experienced managers with plenty of success behind them.
    Primadonnas like Pogba etc should also be held accountable when playing half arsed, pity the board will always side with an asset they payed £80mil for.

8. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Mourinho undoubtedly - Sarri?:confused:

9. Bob McC

City dodged a bullet with that one!

10. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

He’d probably look quite good at City. Can’t see how he’d fit in with both Silvas, Gundogan, and of course De Bruyne ahead of him!!

11. Bob McC

Wasn’t he earmarked as Fernandinho’s replacement?

12. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Probably retired!

I think that Sarri has brought a lot of this on himself (and the club) by playing Kante out of position, and continuing to rely on Jorginho and Luiz, neither of whom inspire confidence.

Weekender likes this.
  13. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

It should be Gianfranco first, followed by Zinedine Zidane, who was nearly as good a player as Zola. :D

Jack

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  14. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

Brendan Rogers should have a squeak at Chelsea, Champions League experience, coming into the job buzzing from Celtic domination.. he could even play his envelope trick on the players. ;)

15. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

Not a chance. He'll be back one day in the EPL, but he has unfinished business up here which would give him true legendary status. And no amount of funny money can do that.

16. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Wolves in extra time again.
    Darn it.

Mr Cat likes this.
  17. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Not much comment on how well Watford and Wolves are doing with meagre resources. Does Robert Plant still go to the Wolves games ?

18. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

he'll be coming to newcastle when rafa leaves in the summer..

Weekender likes this.
  19. christray

christray pfm Member

Zola splendid appointment if it happened . Birmingham springs to mind.

20. Bob McC

RIP Gordon Banks.
    One of the best goalkeepers to have ever played anywhere in the world.

tqineil, Weekender, Mr Cat and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.