1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by vuk, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

Indeed, but this is a new development "Aston Villa's Jack Grealish 'kneed by steward''. The poor guy is first of all punched by a yob running on to the park and after he scores, he is assaulted by a 'steward'. Crazeeeee.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/

2. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

The days of hoping Chelsea will get into the Top 4 are dwindling. We're just behind Utd and have a game in hand. If we win that we'll go above the rank Northerners. We will however still be a point behind the Arses, who we need to overtake to get into The Champions League.

Sarri said we wouldn't win anything this year. It looks like he's completely right, although we are still in the Europa League Cup. Don't think I'll hold my breath though.

Jack

ks.234 likes this.
  3. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

What’s that popping sound all over North London?

4. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

^^ not in my part.

Bloss

5. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

6. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

Be interesting to see what he does minus Ronaldo.

7. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Jailed for a couple of months and banned from football stadiums for 10 years (not sure how they enforce that).

8. gassor

Assaulting a player on the pitch needs to be dealt with severely. The guy who punched Grealish got off lightly IMO. There has been a rise of coin and bottle throwing up here and strict liability (teams being punished eg points deduced) needs serious consideration.

DAVEDWACK likes this.
  9. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

What would the punishment have been if it had been a street assault, I wonder?

Mr Cat likes this.
  10. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

The Stockport Iniesta scores and becomes the youngest ever English scorer in the champions League knock out stages as City cruise through 7-0 and 10-3 on aggregate.

Rack Kit likes this.
  11. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

you might have to play someone decent next round, comprehensive win all the same

12. wacko

wacko pfm Member

You may not like it but CR7 may have proved he is the best footballer on the planet last night.

Weekender and Mr Cat like this.
  13. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

yes, I've always wanted Messi to be the better player between the 2, but after the last year or so I've accepted CR7 is something else.. :)

14. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

The interview/documentary with him a few years ago made me see him as an actual human being, and not a bad one at all. He is an exceptional footballer.

Mr Cat likes this.
  15. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

For CR to continue to perform at the highest level at age 34 is pretty impressive. He can still run rings around most defenders, and his vertical leap and heading skills are still amazing. Poor Athletico Madrid - once again foiled by their arch nemesis!

16. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

Magnificent victory for Liverpool in Munich tonight. Not the highest quality game but Bayern hardly created a chance.

English teams can draw each other in the last 8 draw on Friday. Should be interesting!

Hook likes this.
  17. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

All-around solid performance by LFC, with brilliant goals by Mané and VVD. The only minor blemish was the yellow against Robinson in extra time. Am sure Milner will now move to left back, but it will be interesting to see who starts in midfield in the next round.

Congrats to LFC, MC, MU and Tottenham! When was the last time the PL had 4 teams in the CL quarter-finals?

davcoll likes this.
  18. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

19. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I've a feeling we could be in for a Manchester derby.

20. gassor

I wouldn't be upset if anyone punching a player got 3-4 months. And yes jail time for street assault AND even more so for assault of medical staff in A&E depts and anyone going about their work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.