1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

    a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

    b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ks.234, Jan 21, 2020.

  1. jackbarron

    jackbarron Chelsea, London

    Roman Abramovich has said Chelsea FC will put up National Health workers for free in the Millenium Hotel next to Stamford Bridge. It's criminal that the Tories won't give him a work visa for the UK.

    Jack
     
  2. jackbarron

    jackbarron Chelsea, London

    Excellent. :D He's right - the Mancs will all be pissed and on charlie. I wonder if der Fuhrer is the puppet-master behind Klopp?

    Jack
     
  3. Weekender

    Weekender pfm Member

  4. Weekender

    Weekender pfm Member

  5. Weekender

    Weekender pfm Member

    gavreid likes this.
  6. Weekender

    Weekender pfm Member

  7. Bob McC

    Bob McC Living the life of Riley

    The FA have just announced that levels 9 and 10 league seasons are void...
     
  8. Weekender

    Weekender pfm Member

    https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/03/pa...sgraceful-treatment-of-newcastle-united-fans/

    Whilst other Premier League clubs are doing everything they can to help their supporters through such a difficult period, Mike Ashley has done the opposite.

    Newcastle fans, as well as countless other people, are facing massive financial stress due to this virus emergency situation.

    Yet this week, despite pleas from Newcastle supporter groups, Mike Ashley insisted on going ahead and taking full season ticket payments for the 2020/21 campaign, even though nobody knows when it will start.
     
  9. Woodface

    Woodface pfm Member

    Is anyone really missing the football season, I really couldn’t give a stuff anymore. This is partly down to the team I support but on a wider note I wonder if people will be as arsed in the future?
     
  10. seagull

    seagull Seabird flavour member

    In the bigger scheme of things it's an irrelevance but I do miss it (see my earlier post about thwarted plans).

    Life is unremittingly awful at the moment, see the number of Coronavirus threads.

    I listen to music as an escape from it, going to the Amex to watch Brighton every other week is another.
     
    webster likes this.
  11. Bob McC

    Bob McC Living the life of Riley

    I am utterly appalled at the grasping greed of the top two leagues who are considering options that would risk the health of their staff.
    The denial that it is all over for the rest of the year is embarrassing.
    I think a lot of people will walk away from it when it returns.
     
    tqineil and lordsummit like this.
  12. jackbarron

    jackbarron Chelsea, London

    Football teams are back in training in China. Up the communists !

    Jack
     
    blossomchris likes this.
  13. gavreid

    gavreid pfm Member

    I agree - looks like the players might rebel
     
  14. gavreid

    gavreid pfm Member

    Steve Ogrizovic, without any question
     
    tqineil, thebigfredc and Weekender like this.
  15. gassor

    gassor There may be more posts after this.

    Suppose it is not safe to restart the season until August or even much later, how will the leagues be decided? The simple solution (which may have to be accepted) is the position of each team when the league stopped. But teams with games in hand eg in the relegation zones may not like this very much. Up here noises have been made that the governing body (SFA) would face court action for loss of earnings from Hearts and possibly others if this criteria is used. One team (you can guess) has been loudly banging the drum for making the season 'null and void' (no, that's not their two main forwards) so the decision is this is one of many conundrums which will make some people very angry no matter which way it is decided.
     
  16. Colin L

    Colin L pfm Member

    If the season can’t be completed why not a “pools panel” of experts and statto’s to go over the fixtures and predict/forecast the results.

    The biggest controversies are likely to be around the relegation from the Prem and promotion from the championship, so perhaps predicted bottom and top move automatically and have play-offs between the two teams from each league to determine who goes up and goes down.
     
  17. gassor

    gassor There may be more posts after this.


    Pools panels just give out draws for most games and never give out 'shock' results and there's always plenty of them. Then there is the simulator possibility which has been tried already for the season.

    This shows "Liverpool are 100% winners in the EPL. Current leaders Bayern Munich have an 84.37% chance of winning the Bundesliga, Italy's top-placed side Juventus (83.98%) are almost certain to claim a ninth successive Serie A title, Paris St-Germain (99.98%) have France's Ligue 1 all but wrapped up, while Barcelona (74.22%) are firm favourites to beat Real Madrid to La Liga's crown.

    In Scotland, Celtic's 13-point advantage over Rangers means they have a 98.87% chance of winning the Premiership, although the latter will cling to that 1.13% until the bitter end." The biggest problem is with relegation, where teams have games in hand against teams with similar points tally. Will teams accept relegation by one point from a computer model when it could cost them many thousands or even millions?
     
  18. Colin L

    Colin L pfm Member

    Hence the reason I suggested play-offs between the “designated” relegation and promotion candidates.
     
  19. webster

    webster Listen & enjoy.

    The season should just be declared null & void.
    Entry into Europe next season by reference to league standings from season before.
     
    jackbarron likes this.
  20. lordsummit

    lordsummit Moderator

    Entrance to Europe on coefficients from several seasons I reckon.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice