1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Discussion in 'off topic' started by seagull, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I loved Andy Morrison, he could head the ball over the half way line from his own box & was very good technically. I once watched us play Sheff Utd from the executive seats & saw him in the bar afterwards (he was on crutches) I went up to have a chat with him & he looked like he was going to lamp me until he realised I was a Town fan. Apparently he had a fight with Wayne Alison (the chief) & was sold quickly afterwards.

2. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

How is Luke Shaw a professional footballer? He has ability but always seems to be a bit tubby.

3. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Great win for the Gunners today. Howay the Arses etc.

4. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

Well that is certainly a different UTD side , quick or what , although Chelsea were probably holding a bit back for Wednesday .

5. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

Chelsea.......snigger;)

6. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Chelsea had a chance to score on a number of occasions. Abraham and Emerson hit the woodwork, but Utd came out in the second half and quickly potted a few goals.

Chelsea's defence wasn't good enough and Zouma clumsily gave away a penalty. Selling Luiz doesn't seem like such a smart idea now, although he had slowed down.

Youngster Mason Mount was overwhelmed when he received the ball on the right hand side of he penalty area. Instead of taking a stab at the goal, he did a meek cross into the centre which nobody picked up on.

Frank Lampard left Pulisic on the bench for 60 minutes and he came on to replace Barkley. He moves quickly and has plenty of skill. He will turn out to be a great player at Chelsea.

Oh well. There are a lot of games left and Chelsea can only improve. They just need to do so by Wednesday, when they play Liverpool in the The Super Cup Final.

Jack

martin dawson and ks.234 like this.
  7. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

They better do , can't be done with a red victory .
    Shouldn't have took Barkley off today , he made a couple of errors but was being direct and creative all the time , it was 1-0 when he was subbed .

8. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Yup. Nice start for UTD today.

9. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Down with the ‘Ammers
    You’re going down with the ‘Ammers...

10. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

Can't decide who'll be second and third this season behind City between Man U and Liverpool. Fourth should be Spurs and Arsenal can do fifth. Chelsea, who knows?

11. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

I have been watching football for far to many years to be persuaded that the first game of the season has much importance to the eventual outcome, except that any team in the lower regions taking three points will think thank christ, only another thirty seven to get...enjoy the ups and downs!

Hook, webster and Woodface like this.
  12. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49337051

In terms of punishment for City that's about the equivalent of stopping your kids pocket money for a week.
    No doubt the relevant palms were greased during the investigation process - corruption in football at the highest level still very much alive and well.

Barryoke, martin dawson and tqineil like this.
  13. bernardhepworth

bernardhepworth pfm Member

Oh dear..... I would of thought that after such a dire performance at the weekend Mr W that you'd be more worried about your sides inability to defend than City being fined. My brother who has supported Chelsea for 40 years admitted that the defence could be improved if Phil Jones was at centre back, that how bad he thought they were against Utd.

14. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Deflect all you like.
    BTW - would've, would have not would of.;)

martin dawson and tqineil like this.
  15. Bob McC

Chelsea were done for deliberate flouting of the rules on over 29 occasions over two years and denying any wrong doing and being convicted twice.

City for 2 I believe in 2016, admitting their wrong doing, and being clean ever since.

Scummy Chelsea’s crimes don’t compare at all.

But carry on in moronic ignorance as usual...

Your infantile stupidity has led you to becoming one of the grammar police.

16. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Apart from breaking FFP rules yet again!
    'City' and 'clean' in the same sentence - hilarious.:D

17. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Oh well, knocked out of the cup by Lincoln, hopefully this will send the current manager packing. It really is shit being a Town supporter most of the time, oh to have Chelsea's 'problems'.

18. Bob McC

Be careful what you wish for.
    They’ll be searching for yet another manager by Christmas.
    Liverpool will thrash them in the euro charity shield.

19. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

It's a shame you're unable to make a point without getting personal.
    I'm sure you're better than that really.

20. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

Everton have them next at Lincoln , not easy at all they are a team on the up .