1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Discussion in 'off topic' started by seagull, Jun 13, 2019.

1. rexel

rexel pfm Member

Is'nt this slap on the wrist for City what Pep was guaranteed by his paymasters?

2. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

I predict for this season, there will be far more pfm banishment sentences and in true BJ fashion they will of course be longer with no professional counselling.

Perhaps a charity sin bin could be set up, pay a fine to the charity, offensive posts deleted. Maybe 3 of them, then a banning.

Bloss

3. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

City were punished for breaking the rules regarding two players in 2016, owning up and cooperating with the enquiry.

Chelsea were banned for being convicted twice, involving 29 players and denying throughout they had done anything wrong.

Any other interpretation is wrong, petty and infantile by jealous fans of other clubs.

4. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

I doubt if any truthful football supporter of any team would be annoyed if their team happened to be funded by a wealthy individual, some times the banter goes over the top and some times the comments are childish and infantile, you certainly fall into that category!

Any wrong doing is not done by supporters but by the clubs possibly including your own.

Perhaps you need to pull back a bit on your comments, the other guys that support your team manage.
    As for jealousy of other clubs, I doubt that very much because personally I have no other concerns or interest in others ans suspect that every other fan is the same. smile for christ sake,miserable bugger!

5. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

With a normal manager & team selection we would have won but we were completely outplayed. Cowley's are a good management team but very ruthless with the academy set up & not popular locally apparently.

6. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

It is very interesting that football 'banter' quickly pivots into borderline abuse. I do believe people behave differently in football grounds compared to other public places.

Andrew C! likes this.
  7. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

I’m just hoping that useless Chelsea give the dippers a good hiding tonight

Woodface likes this.
  8. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

Pedro is playing out of his skin tonight , very impressed .

9. bernardhepworth

bernardhepworth pfm Member

A different Chelsea tonight, let's hope their brilliant play continues into the second half.

10. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Gutted for Pedro, would have been a great second goal. I do feel City legend Franky L should reconsider the ‘tache.

11. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

That’s been my experience on numerous occasions.;)

12. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Shockingly sexist comments from Glen Hoddle about the referee. Why does this man get airtime?

martin dawson and tqineil like this.
  13. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

Agreed. The little lady managed to keep up running around with the men.

lordsummit likes this.
  14. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

And well done Liverpool, a jolly good match

tqineil likes this.
  15. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

Delighted Liverpool won obviously. Chelsea looked the much fresher side which is concerning. Kante is a superb player. Pedro, Mane and Matip were the pick of the rest imo.

16. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Excellent match that neither side deserved to lose - congrats to Liverpool.

martin dawson, jackbarron and tqineil like this.
  17. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

Enjoyable game

Bloss

18. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

Hardly a charity shield pre season warm up - good game for the neutral, little between the teams, dodgy pen but soon forgotten.
    One day Bob your team might get to play in such a game...Pep mightn't be there by then tho.... just keep spending ;)

jackbarron, ks.234 and webster like this.
  19. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

I thought Chelsea looked good today, and Pulisic showed a lot of promise. LFC looked flat, and their first half lineup never jelled. They lost too many 50/50’s, and were a step slow on defense for most of the match. I get that a win is a win, and a trophy is a trophy, but by the end of the season I don’t think anyone will remember or care who won the Super Cup.

With only a couple of days to prepare, I hope they don’t take Southampton for granted.

20. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

They way they looked at the end I’m more concerned with them being knackered than taking it for granted.