1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Discussion in 'off topic' started by seagull, Jun 13, 2019.

1. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

Miracle and Jesus? OK it's a bit whimsical, but surely it must have been meant? ;) https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50547189

2. bernardhepworth

bernardhepworth pfm Member

I see that Mane is up to his usual tricks in the penalty box....... it looks like it's a good ref as he has booked Klopp for complaining.

3. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

Dull game, happy with a point in the end

4. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

The Reds were dire tonight, worst performance this season to a man.

5. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Agreed. They will need a much better effort in two weeks versus Red Bull in Salzburg.

If I am reading the group standings correctly, anything is possible - 1st, 2nd or even an early exit.

cooky1257 likes this.
  6. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

Can we have another dire performance on Saturday please? I fear a backlash.

tqineil and cooky1257 like this.
  7. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Terrific match between Valencia & Chelsea last night with a draw being a fair result although either side could have bagged all 3 points.
    Last group match at home to Lille in a couple of weeks, which I'm lucky enough to be attending, and a victory will seal qualification to the knockout stages although a draw would also be enough if Ajax beat Valencia.

jackbarron and tqineil like this.
  8. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

Loyalty to your own team is just how the game has always been with Banter and rivalry but even to contemplate such thoughts in ones mind let alone in print about a tragedy that affects another club or its supporters is beyond my comprehension.

This is also true of other events such as Bolton, Rangers,Bradford,Munich etc.

Try standing in the other guys shoes.

9. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

I’ve removed a poster for a week due to an obnoxious comment about Hillsborough. Some posts have been removed.

10. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

11. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

Strange result in the case of the 96, I thought they'd get their man, and allow them to draw a line under the situation. As a side note, I don't know if it's still available online, but many moons ago there was a page set-up with comments and witness statements from people that lived around the ground at the time, and it made for some very sober and sombre reading.

12. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I wonder what odds you'd have got at the beginning of the season for two PL London clubs to have sacked their respective managers before the end of November?

13. Alex S

Alex S pfm Member

At least one of them did the right thing. And Pellegrini might get sacked tomorrow.

14. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

Quite low if you thought about it hard. I know plenty of THFC fans that thought Poch would go quite early. And Dick Emery, Arse not exactly done well under him even at the back of last season.......... More interesting what odds on Maureen being at THFC?

webster likes this.
  15. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

16. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Huge loss! Henderson or Wijnaldum are capable backups, but neither can really "boss the middle" as Fabinho has done.

Hope he heals quickly, and that LFC doesn't drop too many PL points in the their flurry of December matches.

In the CL, if the Reds can get past Red Bull, then at least he should be back by the knockout phase.

tqineil likes this.
  17. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Blow, but there should be enough on the bench to cover, maybe we'll have to see a return to the kamikaze football of the recent past...

tqineil likes this.
  18. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

Exactly. Drop someone in there and release The Ox!

cooky1257 and clifftaylor like this.
  19. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

Well, that didn’t exactly go to plan, but a massive three points for Liverpool. It will be no consolation to Seagull, but Brighton played really good football and probably deserved something from the game.

tqineil likes this.
  20. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

As is often the case it looks like the race for a top 4 finish is going to be a lot more interesting than the destination of the title.