1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Discussion in 'off topic' started by seagull, Jun 13, 2019.

1. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Chelsea might have lost, but they are still in the Top 4. They are also above money-grabbing traitor Maureen and hid team of sheep.

Jack

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    ks.234 likes this.
  2. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Sorry Alex but we were excellent today and Pellegrini should take his fair share of the credit.
    I thought that maybe the manager should go but the organisation, tactical nous and effort was superb.
    Chelsea have some great players and must admit wasn't expecting anything other than a comfortable home win but we deserved it today.
    I'm sure the media will say that Chelsea were below par...;)

3. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

They were below par but West Ham were terrific and fully deserved the 3 points.

irons1965 likes this.
  4. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

Story of our season so far. If we had got the points our performances deserved we'd be in the top six.

Arsenal away next, I had hoped the Emery would have stayed until then, we've now got to face their new manager bounce.

5. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Got some fantastic players mate, I'm sure there's a bright future for you lot.

webster likes this.
  6. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

TOTL.
    Somehow I cant see the Bluenoses clipping Leicester's wings ..

7. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Probably not, but maybe Leicester will soften them up for Wednesday’s derby?

No TV coverage here for LFC today, so will have to wait for highlights to be posted later.

8. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

My first game of the season at the Bridge today, thanks to Webster.

Looked like we had a million chances in the first half, I was towards the other end so will have to wait for MoD to see how close they were.

Giroud looked rather slow, but then he didn’t seem to get too many balls into his feet which is where he likes it.

The Hammers only had a few shots on goal, but they made them count, which we didn’t. The two that didn’t go in we’re down to classy saves by Kepa.

Oh well. Congrats to West Ham, not the result I wanted but still a good game to watch and a grand day out. Many thanks W

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    jackbarron and webster like this.
  9. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Howay the Lads.*

*Darn it.

10. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

That's the very thing I was happy about today, for all of Chelsea's possession, David Martin didn't have to make many saves.
    If anything the more clear cut chances fell to us - Antonio should've buried that header in the first half and in the second period, we looked again the more threatening.
    Not for the first time, defences absolutely brick it when faced with Antonio running at them.

11. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Have to agree. Antonio was a mamouth. He won balls in midfield he had no right to win then went on a run and was there in the box when needed. He deserves more plaudits than he gets

irons1965 likes this.
  12. seagull

Anyone else watch the football tonight?

We've had a fire stick for ages but hardly used it before., so I thought I'd try it out before the big game of the week on Thursday.

Not impressed. The picture quality was poor and it kept dropping out. Was it just me or did anyone else have problems?

I guess that is why they staggered the kickoff to spread the load. Will they cope tomorrow with 6 games?

13. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Watched City muller Burnley. Picture quality was shoddy. To add insult to injury there was a little UHD icon in the corner.

14. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Same here, that wasn't UHD! It was sub SD at times. Burnley didn't turn up/City looked good.

15. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

watched City v Burnley on my phone, despite the small screen, the picture quality was pin point sharp.....most excellent

16. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

I am in my free month with Prime, and didn't realise I had it already installed on my TV. So I watched it, and the picture was OK. The loss of concentration to concede a goal right at the end wasn't. But at last I could see what Rodri's role should be.

17. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

I’m finding it difficult to watch the Chelsea v Villa match on Prime, and not jus because Villa have just equalised. The picture quality is rubbish, any movement is so juddery it’s giving me a headache. Who do I sue?

18. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Jeff Bezos is your man. He can afford it. Aside from owning Amazon, he is the richest person in the world, with a handy $131 Billion.

Bet he doesn't own a football team as good as Chelsea though.

It's good to see Spurs and Crapper Kane playing so well.

Jack

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 10:38 AM
    martin dawson and ks.234 like this.
  19. seagull

\o/

Good win tonight against a poor Arsenal team.

20. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

I see the appointment of an English manager to Watford as a positive thing given the past few years, but Nigel Pearson by the looks of it? o_Ohttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50684857