1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Munich Hi-End

Discussion in 'audio' started by Purité Audio, May 9, 2019.

1. iansr

iansr pfm Member

My take: the Living Voice horns are in a class of their own - the most “real” sounding speaker I’ve ever heard. Next best; the Alsyvox ribbon speakers and the Bayz omnidirectionals. Absolutely fabulous. Owning either would be game over for me as far as speakers is concerned.
    Best bang for your buck; Kingsound had some bookshelf speaker which were electrostatic / dynamic hybrids. €1500. I was gobsmacked by how good they were and the size of the soundstage they created. Plus absolutely seamless integration between the two different drivers.

2. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

Wondered what the "dinky" Kingsounds cost... for that price they are brilliant

Personally, I found the huge rectangular Tune Audio horns @220k€ -VAT (or was it more) and the little speakers in the Air Tight room more realistic especially in terms of imaging although I love the "tone" of the Living Voice speakers

3. heihei

heihei pfm Member

I found most of the rooms with horn speakers incredibly sensitive to where you stood / sat. I guess that's the nature of the beast to a certain extent, but could make or break the sound. The Tune speakers mentioned above were an exception to this. The Living Voice ones weren't playing when I visited their room.

4. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

The living voice Vox Olympians do sound mega, but they make even girl and guitar 20 foot wide.

uncl_nigel likes this.
  5. S-Man

S-Man Kinkless Tetrode Admirer

They make her sound horny as well.

Darren likes this.
  6. robs

robs pfm Member

....I rather enjoyed that!

7. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

I liked the Mongolian rock too - I actually have and listen to at least three different groups of "goat rock" on CD

8. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

Three whole days totaling more than 22 hours (I managed to stay after closing one night listening to Jern speakers and Sota TT) and I still can't claim to have seen and heard every last thing :)

9. krenzler

krenzler pfm Member

Interesting Wilson Benesch turntable at 1:05:05.

10. sq225917

Bit of an ugly tour de force that WB deck. The tech sounds very interesting, I wonder what the drive system measurements show?

jackbarron likes this.
  11. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

In the flesh it is cumbersome to say the least

12. ssimon

ssimon pfm Member

I

13. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

Given that the TechDas is still belt drive, I'm going with "There's a good chance - yes"

As an aside, I thought that the best sounding system at the show by a country mile was the Ascendo setup featuring the new Live 15 active loudspeakers. And at 31,500 Euro, they were even sanely priced comapred to most of the rest of the equipment!

14. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Distributor and Manufacturer

What about the large electromagnetic field produced by all those motor coils and so close to the sensitive MC cartridge during replay!

15. pure sound

pure sound Trade: manufacturer/distributor

[​IMG]

Technics seemed to cope!

16. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Distributor and Manufacturer

Indeed but look at the size of the coils and the large number of them compared to the Technics and with the plastic platter there doesn't appear to be any screening for then either...

pure sound likes this.
  17. sq225917

I doubt the stamped sheet and modestly thin alloy platters on Technics offer much in the way of shielding. Small coils, compact field, distance is your friend, mostly.

G T Audio likes this.
  18. matt j

matt j pfm Member

I doubt they'd go to the extremes of using the technology in the first place without consideration of that, seems a schoolboy error to make when producing something as ten tenths as this.

19. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Or it's more about looks? They put a window on the front so you could see the little metal balls spinning.

20. krenzler

krenzler pfm Member