1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Music for lock-down. Is this what retirement’s like .

Discussion in 'music' started by Chris, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Chris

Chris pfm Member

12 days into lockdown here in Spain so don’t really fancy my usual music fayre. I have just dug out a double LP by Nat King Cole on Capitol. Schmaltzy violins all over the place but that voice dictates their presence. I think he was perfection so Smile, though your heart is aching.........

2. narabdela

narabdela who?

'Liquid Velvet' is how they described it iirc.

3. BLACKMASS

BLACKMASS pfm Member

After watching Steve Gutenberg’s latest video on YouTube I’m listening to Brian Eno Apollo. Trying to tune my head out from reality.

4. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

I played "Woodstock" by Matthew Southern Comfort this morning via Alexa. Partly because I'm an old hippy and partly because its just such a comforting song. "We have got to find our way back to the Garden" so true!

Snufkin likes this.
  5. Del monaco

Del monaco pfm Member

The Carpenters are a guilty pleasure.Its all about her voice though.

Big Tabs and Woodface like this.
  6. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

The only change here since lockdown (2nd week already) is that I have been buying a bit more from bandcamp than usual.

Oh, and no this is not like retirement (6th year already) - I usually get out much more!

John.P likes this.
  7. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Her voice is one of the greatest ever.

bigjonny likes this.