1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Music Line Powerigel £300

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by anotherdom, Jan 26, 2019.

1. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

I have for sale a UK-Spec 6-way Music Line POWERIGEL mains distribution block, nicknamed the ‘hedgehog’.

For those not familiar, this replaces whatever extension lead/multi-socket/IEC leads arrangement you are currently using. It has a single UK 13A Crabtree plug and 6 IEC leads. Electrically it achieves the same star-earthing arrangement as a Graham’s Hydra, but uses Naim-spec power leads cold-welded within a distribution block that is mechanically isolated using sprung feet. These are very popular with Naim equipment on the continent in particular, and are available through Naim distributors there - the 6-way is currently 870 euros. I’d like £300 for this one please, posted.

The Music Line website provides plenty more detail, as does the review in Issue 40 of HiFi Plus.

https://www.music-line.biz/cms/POWERIGEL.500.0.html

https://www.music-line.biz/cms/fileadmin/pdf/test_powerigel_hifiplus_e.pdf

Thanks for looking,

Dom.

2. clap

clap pfm Member

This looks a very interesting item. I don't need one as I've got as Oyaide mains block. But, from experience I know a good mains block can really improve a system.

3. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Thank you. It’s been replaced by a (very expensive!) Vertex AQ distribution block that allows me to use the Powerlines.

4. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Any offers on this please before eBay?

5. IanG

IanG pfm Member

How long is the connecting lead and how long are the 6 IEC leads. Thanks Ian

6. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

I’ll measure up after work, drop you a PM and update the thread Ian. Thanks for your interest.

Further to above - I make the mains inlet cable 1.9m and the 6 IEC cables 1.65m, excluding connectors.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 5:58 PM
  7. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

There are plenty of Naim systems on here that could offer a good home to what is considered one of the best mains distribution systems available.

Offers?

8. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim pfm Member

9. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

And replied, thank you. Offer accepted!

10. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim pfm Member

Text sent for payment details
    Thanks !☺️

11. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member