1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

MusikElectronic Geithain

Discussion in 'trade discussion' started by Purité Audio, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

Looking forward to hearing these tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    Keith

2. Purité Audio

3. James Nugent

James Nugent Member

Have heard the 901's and they were stunning. Be interested to hear your views on the 944

4. crimsondonkey

crimsondonkey pfm Member

Always rated Geithains. They all sound utterly clear and neutral but with more or less bass as the size of the unit increases.

5. Purité Audio

They are good, bass especially as you would expect with a cardioid response, compared to Dutch&Dutch8C
    / Kii 3 they were a little more congested through the mids, whether this is because those speakers are cardioid from around 60Hz up or because
    the Megs stack their drivers on top of one another ,I can’t say.
    Definitely worth a listen though.
    Keith

6. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

Originally you said you could hear no coloration on voices. So can you give us an example of where you are now hearing what you call 'congestion'.

7. Purité Audio

That is the danger of listening in isolation, when I first hooked up the Megs, I didn’t have any Kiis or Dutch&Dutch here, on their own they sounded and still sound good, but in comparison...
    Keith

8. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

Yes but can you give an example of what you claim to be hearing?

9. Purité Audio

There is just a very slight loss of clarity of resolution perhaps more easily heard than described, I do like the Geithain though, I would go for the 901’s, which are slightly more midfield and have slightly deeper bass extension.
    Keith

10. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Distributor and Manufacturer

Can you measure both and show it on here so we can all see this "congestion" in comparison...

11. Purité Audio

Yes that would be measureable, whereas the hugely expensive silver ‘upgrades’ for your amps....
    Keith

12. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Distributor and Manufacturer

If its measurable then let us all know what test you would use to measure this and lets see the evidence of your measurements?