1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Nacs: 202 v 82

Discussion in 'audio' started by Mike g, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Mike g

Mike g pfm Member

My current amplification is nac 202, teddycap plus and an avondale version of a nap 250. I have been having an itch about the older naim gear. I would love a 282 but this is out of my reach. However a change from the 202 to an 82 would be reasonably cost neutral. So my question: how would these compare? Is the newer 202 similar to the older 82 or is there a jump in performance with the 82? I understand that the older 82 will have more prat and this very much appeals.

Cheers

Mike

2. rough edges

rough edges pfm Member

An 82 really benefits from a Supercap or 2XHicap arrangement. I think if you're going to use the teddycap, as good as it is, you will not really be getting the full advantage of going to the 82. I ran an 82 with 1 Hicap, 2XHicap, and Supercap into a 250. Anyway, the real deal is the 52. Save for that...

Best,
    BBM